Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 3, 2020
hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Hit the road in 2014
I thought i would try out the fulli tag for my next visit to France, when completing the application form I came across the categories and mine appeared to fit in the class 2 category between two and three meters high. I thought to be on the safe side I would measure the van which is CI with an overhead cab and it turned out to be three meters ten centimeters, I contacted Fulli who advised me that my vehicle was classed as a class three and could supply me with a tag so be aware if you are driving with an overhead cab and have a fulli tag

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
I thought i would try out the fulli tag for my next visit to France, when completing the application form I came across the categories and mine appeared to fit in the class 2 category between two and three meters high. I thought to be on the safe side I would measure the van which is CI with an overhead cab and it turned out to be three meters ten centimeters, I contacted Fulli who advised me that my vehicle was classed as a class three and could supply me with a tag so be aware if you are driving with an overhead cab and have a fulli tag
Even though fulli class you as a 3 I bet you never get that class applied by the toll booths.
I did very similar to you as got new van that was over 3m, they stated it would not work with their tag blah, I was going to return it and get something else but kept it to see what I would get charged having established the cost of class 2 and 3 over the honfleur bridge. Charged class 2 for the full week in France.
I would use the tag as class two.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Andycap
Feb 3, 2020
hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Hit the road in 2014
Even though fulli class you as a 3 I bet you never get that class applied by the toll booths.
I did very similar to you as got new van that was over 3m, they stated it would not work with their tag blah, I was going to return it and get something else but kept it to see what I would get charged having established the cost of class 2 and 3 over the honfleur bridge. Charged class 2 for the full week in France.
I would use the tag as class two.
Thats what i was thinking of doing as it is only 10 centimeters over

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Andycap
Feb 3, 2020
hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Hit the road in 2014
I Have ordered one. Got nothing to loose as it is free start up fee no management fees free for France delivery free

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
We are easily over 3m on ours with AC unit and also being a tag axle and 5t, but we are still charged as class 2 with our fulli tag, wouldn't worry about it to be honest. Last year we went through over 20 tolls from Spain to France with no issues.

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
I Have ordered one. Got nothing to loose as it is free start up fee no management fees free for France delivery free
You only pay I think €2.50 for the moth you use the tag in, pay on a non euro charging card and it is almost free

Upvote 0
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
I never get let through the French toll booths as they all measure the height! (We are 3.35m)

Wish they would concentrate on axles and not bloody height! 🤪

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back