Fulli tag and Italian Autostrada (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Today we travelled from Venice towards Trieste.
The Fulli tag opened the barrier at start of journey but would barrier would not open at end of journey.
After much shouting, in Italian, from a distant voice, hooting from cars behind and so forth, a penalty charge ticket 2 feet long emerged and the barrier opened.
It says pay online within 15 days or else …..

However the registration plate has been mis-transcribed by one letter, instead of a J there is a 3.
It is too early to see if Fulli has registered an entry without an exit.

I know some will say pay it and some will say ignore but I am asking anyway.
What would you do?

Jan 2, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2010
I would pay, based on what we discovered about how the ANPR for these systems works.

Previously when we entered Portugal without such a tag (we have Bip&Go) and had to register with a card for the automated tolls the system read our number plate incorrectly. This happened more than once and was a bit irksome and we eventually spoke to them. They told us it doesn't matter - these errors get picked up and corrected (presumably by a person behind a screen) so we needn't worry.

I would therefore assume that the Italians will also get your number plate right.

The question then is whether they have the means and inclination to pursue you in the UK. I think they can.

Upvote 0
Jan 2, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2010
Also, on our return through France a week ago the thing wouldn't trigger the barrier. So I took it out of its holster and waved it. That worked. Until I realised that I had inadvertently made the error of not getting quite close enough to the barrier. Once I did that the problem seemed to disappear.

But I now realise I've probably double paid a few in the Pyrenees (about € 10 worth) - it wouldn't work, I paid with a card, and then most probably the tag got blipped on the way through too...

Upvote 0
Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Fulli didnt open the barrier earlier this year heading from Tarvisio to Grado A23 however on the same route heading north the following week it worked Ok at the same Toll station. Bill arrived with a months delay.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back