Fridge still having problem on gas (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
Ignighter clicks gas comes on runs for 10-30 minutes then goes off ,, Have changed gas Solenoid for new one and also more big money on a new control module this week ,, thats a total of over £350 quid but problem still persists , It also had had flue cleaned and has a new burner ignighter and thermocouple only 9 months ago ,,

gas tanks are full , lines all bled by running cooker and oven .

When the ignighter is running you can see a flame and sometimes it stays on for up to 3o minutes roaring away , fridge gets cold but its not staying on reliably on gas .. I am now totally perplexed

it cools fine on gas when it stays on and its fine on 12v and "40v

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Does the fridge think it is cold enough, so turns flame off?

Remove / relocate temp sensor so it doesn’t get cold. Or test if fridge is choosing to stop the flame, or if flame is not staying alight.

Jun 12, 2020
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138 Compact
Exp
Since 2017
My previous van did this. It randomly switched off when on gas. A new burner unit fixed it. I thereafter carried a spare burner unit, until I sold the van.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
No its not even cold yet

There’s only two reasons that the gas will shut off:

1. The fridge internal temperature is cold enough (you've ruled that out above)
  2. The burner thermocouple thinks that the flame has gone out (when it hasn’t) so isolates the gas supply.
I know that you’ve said that you have replaced the gas valve but have you replaced the burner thermocouple?

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
A Dometic fridge repair man told me that the pipe to the burner gets corroded internally so his advice was remove the pipe spray brake cleaner through then replace .Ive done this and I haven’t had a problem since cross fingers.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
No its not even cold yet
My point was does the fridge “think” that it is cold enough

As in, is the thermostat not working correctly and “thinks” the fridge is colder than it is, so cuts off the gas.

OP
OP
jerryz
Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
My point was does the fridge “think” that it is cold enough

As in, is the thermostat not working correctly and “thinks” the fridge is colder than it is, so cuts off the gas.
Fridge has been off for 2 weeks ,, no EHU no gas so its starting to cool

could just put it on EHU and in 4 hours it world be cold and the ice box would be freezing but im trying to get the gas to be reliable as in coming on automaticly when engine 12v feed stops ,, but although it sparks and a flame appears it might only run on gas for 5 up to 30 minutes then stop ,,, and not restart , Im wondering now if the new burner might need a clean too ???? i have cleaned and changed every other part . and Im going to a race in 10 days with no EHU for 5 days so need reliable gas fridge

Jan 10, 2015
East sussex
Funster No
MH
2002 Eura mobile
Exp
Since 2014
Fridge has been off for 2 weeks ,, no EHU no gas so its starting to cool

could just put it on EHU and in 4 hours it world be cold and the ice box would be freezing but im trying to get the gas to be reliable as in coming on automaticly when engine 12v feed stops ,, but although it sparks and a flame appears it might only run on gas for 5 up to 30 minutes then stop ,,, and not restart , Im wondering now if the new burner might need a clean too ???? i have cleaned and changed every other part . and Im going to a race in 10 days with no EHU for 5 days so need reliable gas fridge
Hi
Did you clean the flue when you changed the burner? It gets clogged sometimes.
Also did you check the gas jet, located in the pipe the burner is attached to. It’s a tiny little disc with a hole in. At least it is in mine.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sprinter 416 Auto
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Bro had very similar probs, in his van. (onboard tank)
Did all of the above and more.
Changed the gas regulator and problem solved.
And yes his oven and burners worked prior.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back