Free Dump Station Availability? (1 Viewer)

LostAsian

Free Member
Mar 5, 2024
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Hi Folks, i have been sifting through available apps and forums looking for free grey/black water dumpsites from the direction of Dover to Wales followed by towards Cairnryan. Am i missing out on something? I didn't seem to have any issues finding such legal free dumping areas in my previous road trip in Scotland region. What i could find was paid sites. Please advice whether such free facilities are available.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Basically, the answer is no.

England isn’t the best place for Motorhomes. It’s annoying at best.

You either pay, or have a full waste tank.

Ironic in that every free one I use in Scotland I always leave a good donation but in England, most want you to stay the night.

CAMPRA tend to be cheaper places.

Nov 2, 2023
Sunderland, UK
Funster No
MH
wildax altair
We saw some car parks in Dumfries and Galloway that had disposal for waste , grey and black . But unsure if council website lists them .

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Hoe are sewage drains normally marked on the manhole covers to differentiate them from waste-water drains?
That would the the correct place for the water to end up. Whether you have permission to do it from the person that's paying the bill, is a different matter.

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Quite often embossed into the cover top it will have written " surface water" or "foul drain cover". As a rule of thumb, if the lifting key holes holes go all the way through, they'll be a surface water drain. Covers that have a sealed pocket on top are usually foul drain, so as the sewer drain smell doesn't vent, USUALLY !!! Of course very old cover drains in roads may have had the embossing worn away.
Mike.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I’m just wary about anybody whose name comes up in green.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
3+
Hire a cassette, and take it back, or post it when it's full, now that's got "business opportunity" written all over it ;) :ROFLMAO: Awhooga, toilet thread.
Mike.
That's it! Dragons Den here I come!

Announcing Deliver(p)oo !!

Log in to the app, tell us what cassette you have, we'll have a shiny clean exchange cassette, prefilled with your choice of Blue, Green, or cheapo Lidl bio, outside your motorhome door within the hour*.

(*excludes Highlands, Islands, and anywhere remote where you might actually need our service :unsure::LOL: )

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
looking for free grey/black water dumpsites from the direction of Dover to Wale

yes, there are plenty available, but not generally Free .. disposal costs money to whoever provides the facility

look on Search for Sites ..

there is an phone app which is worth paying for

The app's are free to download and evaulate for three days then if you like the app it is just £5.99 for one year- the subscription does not auto renew. The website is free however will not work without connection to the internet and does not contain some of the features exclusive to the app.

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
Some CCC sites allow short stays to dump & fill up and use showers etc. You do need to be a member and not all their sites offer the facility. About £8 I think.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Hi Folks, i have been sifting through available apps and forums looking for free grey/black water dumpsites from the direction of Dover to Wales followed by towards Cairnryan. Am i missing out on something? I didn't seem to have any issues finding such legal free dumping areas in my previous road trip in Scotland region. What i could find was paid sites. Please advice whether such free facilities are available.
Canterbury Park and Ride site?

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
3+
In the UK, it's hard to find free waste disposal sites, especially on the route from Dover to Wales and Cairnryan. It's useful to check local websites and use camper apps like Search for Sites and Park4Night. Free options are rare, so you may need to pay for waste disposal. Remember to use environmentally friendly methods.
You are an AI bot and I claim my £5.

Reactions: hja

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back