Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Just looking at the requirements for entry to France and l am wondering about the sworn statement that is required according to their website.
Do l really need a statement stating l have not been in contact with any covid carriers recently or am l misreading the info.
Many thanks.

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
I downloaded the form from a link on the eurotunnel web site. Filled it in, photographed it on my phone and uploaded it to the eurotunnel booking page, the day before travelling, got an email back an hour later to say "all good, your ready to travel". At the passport check he asked are you fully vaccinated? We were then sent through to wait for our train.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
So where from do l get this statement, does it have to be from a doctor ?
Attached is the latest it is just a self-certification form that nobody will care about or look at, that is unless you dont have one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• 12-02-2022-engagement-sur-l-honneur-orange Blank.docx
    23 KB · Views: 100
Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
I just photo copied form and filled in if required each time i crossed this year.

SWORN UNDERTAKING TO COMPLY WITH RULES FOR ENTRY
INTO METROPOLITAN FRENCH TERRITORY
(From ORANGE list countries)

This statement shall be presented to the transport companies before boarding and to the border control authorities.
The measures applied to vaccinated adults are extended under the same conditions to their accompanying minors, whether vaccinated or not.

To be completed by the traveller:
I, the undersigned,
Mr/Mrs: ...
Born on:
Nationality:
Residing at:

Initial place of origin (city/country):

Final destination (city/country):

I hereby declare on my honour that I have not had any of the following symptoms during the last 48 hours:
Fever or chills ;
Cough or aggravation of my usual cough;
Unusual fatigue;
Unusual shortness of breath when I speak or make the slightest effort;
Unusual muscle aches and/or pains;
Unusual headaches;
Loss of taste or smell;
Unusual diarrhoea.

I hereby declare on my honour that I have no knowledge of having been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 during the last fourteen days prior to departure.

I hereby agree on my honour to take an antigen test or biological examination on arrival in metropolitan France (traveller aged above 12 years).

If I am not vaccinated under a complete vaccination schedule recognised by the European Medicines Agency:
I hereby agree on my honour to self-isolate for seven days, where necessary, in one of the facilities designated by the French authorities.
I hereby agree on my honour to take a biological virological screening test (PCR) at the end of the isolation period (traveller aged above 12 years).

Done in ____________________, on ____ / ____ / ____

Signature

OP
OP
TUCANO
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Would an old fashioned written letter suffice does anyone know please. Yeah I am that old and do not possess a photocopier or the know how to download, copy, paste etc etc.
Thanks.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
No one even asked for ours but you can bet your bottom dollar, if we hadn't had them, they'd have wanted them!! :rolleyes:

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Would an old fashioned written letter suffice does anyone know please. Yeah I am that old and do not possess a photocopier or the know how to download, copy, paste etc etc.
Thanks.

Yes, you can write it out. The text you need is in one of the posts above :)

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Do you have email and ability to print? If so I can send a copy for you to print and fill out a few copies by hand.

If so let me know and we can share details on private message.

OP
OP
TUCANO
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Yes, you can write it out. The text you need is in one of the posts above :)
Many thanks for that, away to find my Quill.
Do you have email and ability to print? If so I can send a copy for you to print and fill out a few copies by hand.

If so let me know and we can share details on private message.
No printing option so I shall do it the easy way, as above. Many thanks.

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Just looking at the requirements for entry to France and l am wondering about the sworn statement that is required according to their website.
Do l really need a statement stating l have not been in contact with any covid carriers recently or am l misreading the info.
Many thanks.
I entered France on Wednesday and came home tonight. I was not asked for a sworn statement (Atesstation a lā€™honneurā€)

It is not a requirement if you are fully vaccinated including the booster. Thereā€™s lots of misleading advice available but the official story is here:

If you are not fully (triple) vaccinated check carefully.

Jun 8, 2015
Honiton,Devon
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E410
Exp
Since 2014
I downloaded the form from a link on the eurotunnel web site. Filled it in, photographed it on my phone and uploaded it to the eurotunnel booking page, the day before travelling, got an email back an hour later to say "all good, your ready to travel". At the passport check he asked are you fully vaccinated? We were then sent through to wait for our train.
Sorry to sound thick, but can anybody help?......I'm struggling to fill in the details. For instance.....We are heading for Spain, so does that mean I fill in 'Barcelona, Spain' as my final destination? Also, the last sentence 'Done in.......On.......? I'm assuming 'Done in United Kingdom on 26/03/2022' ?

chrisinplymouth

Free Member
Aug 11, 2013
Plymouth UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2015
I entered France on Wednesday and came home tonight. I was not asked for a sworn statement (Atesstation a lā€™honneurā€)

It is not a requirement if you are fully vaccinated including the booster. Thereā€™s lots of misleading advice available but the official story is here:

If you are not fully (triple) vaccinated check carefully.
According to that document you still need the sworn statement if traveling from uk (orange) country

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Sorry to sound thick, but can anybody help?......I'm struggling to fill in the details. For instance.....We are heading for Spain, so does that mean I fill in 'Barcelona, Spain' as my final destination? Also, the last sentence 'Done in.......On.......? I'm assuming 'Done in United Kingdom on 26/03/2022' ?
Its the date you completed the form and signed it. We just put Caen as we didnā€™t know where we were heading .

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
For destination I put touring. Done in the town where you signed it, but as I said no one was interested in looking at it.
I took an unsigned copy so that I could sign it on the day of travel if necessary, again a waste of time and effort.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Thanks.
I hand wrote it back in 2020..BUSBY.

chrisinplymouth

Free Member
Aug 11, 2013
Plymouth UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2015
Only if unvaccinated
Itā€™s confusing as this is taken from the document you postedā€¦ā€¦.
I read it as fully vaccinated with booster jab and statement

Health control measures​

If already vaccinated :​

• proof of vaccination status; Since February 1, 2022, in order for their vaccination schedule to remain recognized as complete, persons aged eighteen or over wishing to enter the national territory must have received a dose of complementary messenger RNA vaccine no later than 9 months following the injection of the last required dose.
  • a sworn statement attesting to the absence of symptoms of covid-19 infection and contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19 to enter the metropolitan territory.

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Itā€™s confusing as this is taken from the document you postedā€¦ā€¦.
I read it as fully vaccinated with booster jab and statement

Health control measures​

If already vaccinated :​

• proof of vaccination status; Since February 1, 2022, in order for their vaccination schedule to remain recognized as complete, persons aged eighteen or over wishing to enter the national territory must have received a dose of complementary messenger RNA vaccine no later than 9 months following the injection of the last required dose.
  • a sworn statement attesting to the absence of symptoms of covid-19 infection and contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19 to enter the metropolitan territory.
So it does! My apologies. However in practice passport control do not look at it. Those ahead of me in the queue presented theirs and they were returned un inspected. I didnā€™t even have one! My error

The form isnā€™t difficult to complete - the only bit that confuses the brits is the bit at bottom:

67D28435-87B1-4694-951F-E395C58FA47E.jpeg

You need to say where you where when you signed and dated it - ā€œFront seat of the MoHoā€ may not be the right answer, they usually want to see the Town name

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Bon voyage Jon, where are you heading and for how long?
Currently at Bergues at what can only be described as the weirdest most outrageous no theme but bad taste fancy dress party that turns into a mass brawl in about half an hour.
We can't find anything about what it is supposed to be about but a thousand weirdos follow a band and then they bump into another thousand weirdos following a band then there is a belly off between the 2 groups.
I thought I had seen weird before but this is tin of tuna in an aquarium with rubber ring weird
IMG20220327173855.jpg
IMG-20220327-WA0001.jpeg
IMG20220327142307.jpg

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Currently at Bergues at what can only be described as the weirdest most outrageous no theme but bad taste fancy dress party that turns into a mass brawl in about half an hour.
We can't find anything about what it is supposed to be about but a thousand weirdos follow a band and then they bump into another thousand weirdos following a band then there is a belly off between the 2 groups.
I thought I had seen weird before but this is tin of tuna in an aquarium with rubber ring weirdView attachment 600025View attachment 600027View attachment 600028
Looks like one of the classier Funster rallies? šŸ˜‰šŸ¤£

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back