Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 18, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Since 2010
Excited about heading France bound at the end of the month. Last time we were there was pre kids and spent a fair amount of time at a beautiful little campsite in Arcachon. We were hoping to go again but it was apparently wiped out along with much of the forrest during wild fires a few years back. Can anyone recommend other places or a decent guide book we can use? Also, has anyone visited Arcachon recently and can advise?
Thanks muchly🙏🏼
Ps. It’s a 2 week road trip setting off from Glasgow

Sep 19, 2013
Cabbunk Central
Funster No
MH
Carado T459
Exp
Not long enough!
We just spent some time in Soulac sur Mer near Arcachon on an aire right next to the Atlantic. Stunning. The ferry over from Royan is a bit pricey at €40 to cross the river, but we will go again.

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Don’t know Arachon, we haven’t found anywhere we dislike though. Normally head,to the southern alps. Normandy beaches are great too.

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We have similar distance to you being down in Dumfries, I’d check the weather forecast and if it’s sunnier further north that would do me. Saying that we’ve done the south of France on a 2 week holiday a few times.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Excited about heading France bound at the end of the month. Last time we were there was pre kids and spent a fair amount of time at a beautiful little campsite in Arcachon. We were hoping to go again but it was apparently wiped out along with much of the forrest during wild fires a few years back. Can anyone recommend other places or a decent guide book we can use? Also, has anyone visited Arcachon recently and can advise?
Thanks muchly🙏🏼
Ps. It’s a 2 week road trip setting off from Glasgow
I'm a fan of the DK Eyewitness guidebooks. The one for France covers more less all the interesting bits. They also do individual ones of a few regions, such as Brittany and one called Road Trips France which might give you a few ideas of places to visit.

But you can't really go wrong in France. Just choose an area and have an explore. :)

Upvote 0

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We are heading to a Camping Castel site near Limoges for August.

Currently sat watching the rain fall outside my window I can’t wait to get to the tunnel!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back