Fogstar Battery Rename - Tip (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 7, 2023
Burnley, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-line
Exp
Since 2005
Hi,

So I recently took delivery of a Fogstar Drift battery, for the want of endless trying I could not get it to save the "rename". Tech support suggested "waiting 20-30 seconds" before exiting the app, I waited over a minute at times with the app open, but every time I closed it, then the name would refresh to the default.
In the end I tried a shorter name than the one I wanted, there was no prompt previously that my name entered was too long ! So, although not an exhaustive test, I found that "Fogstar 300" worked and "Carthago E-Line" worked, but not a conjugation.

So certainly 15 characters is acceptable !

Cheers
Mark

OP
OP
MarkHoughton
Jun 7, 2023
Burnley, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-line
Exp
Since 2005
Hope the install is all going well!
Will be connecting up this weekend, have been waiting on a friend for past 2 weeks who is an electrician to cut and crimp the cables. I have them all measured up and everything fitted to a fire-board to fix into the garage. Just the daunting task of snipping the R37 that is making me nervous !

Apr 9, 2022
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
Will be connecting up this weekend, have been waiting on a friend for past 2 weeks who is an electrician to cut and crimp the cables. I have them all measured up and everything fitted to a fire-board to fix into the garage. Just the daunting task of snipping the R37 that is making me nervous !
Yes it's a bit nerve racking! but any electronics guy can resolder it - at least that's what I told myself!

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Yes it's a bit nerve racking! but any electronics guy can resolder it - at least that's what I told myself!
Also, you may notice that 'R37' isn't actually a resistor at all, it is a simple wire link. These 'zero-ohm resistors' are used because they can be easily handled by the automated pick-and-place robots that build the circuit boards. But if you cut it out, and decide you need to replace it manually, then a simple piece of wire is fine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2022
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
Also, you may notice that 'R37' isn't actually a resistor at all, it is a simple wire link. These 'zero-ohm resistors' are used because they can be easily handled by the automated pick-and-place robots that build the circuit boards. But if you cut it out, and decide you need to replace it manually, then a simple piece of wire is fine.
Yes, I would go for a switch like used to be fitted!

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Hi,

So I recently took delivery of a Fogstar Drift battery, for the want of endless trying I could not get it to save the "rename". Tech support suggested "waiting 20-30 seconds" before exiting the app, I waited over a minute at times with the app open, but every time I closed it, then the name would refresh to the default.
In the end I tried a shorter name than the one I wanted, there was no prompt previously that my name entered was too long ! So, although not an exhaustive test, I found that "Fogstar 300" worked and "Carthago E-Line" worked, but not a conjugation.

So certainly 15 characters is acceptable !

Cheers
Mark
Just trying to change my name.

Failed a few times.

Less than 15 characters

Do I need to do anything after "modify success" ?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Took me a while to find out how to change the name & then failed on number of characters, nearly gave up then twigged it.

Its a pain how the app picks up every Bluetooth device in the area .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
I am invincible !

Screenshot_2024-09-18-17-49-27-27_05a74d9966b240494e50377ddba57a55.jpg