First-time Hymer owner! (1 Viewer)

Bea_the_tree

Free Member
Apr 24, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Hello!

We have just welcomed a 1989 Hymer B544 into our family. Her name is Trundle. We have A LOT to learn and it’s great that there’s such a supportive and friendly community to help us.

Looking forward to learning lots and sharing knowledge when I get to that point!

Bea

IMG_2940.jpeg

IMG_2941.jpeg

Mar 22, 2023
New Forest, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 74C
Exp
Since 2005
Hello!

We have just welcomed a 1989 Hymer B544 into our family. Her name is Trundle. We have A LOT to learn and it’s great that there’s such a supportive and friendly community to help us.

Looking forward to learning lots and sharing knowledge when I get to that point!

Bea

View attachment 889380

View attachment 889381
Your Hymer looks really tidy, those old ones are great pieces of kit. Our first MH was a 1990 Hymer, it got us going and rarely let us down.

Good luck.

Apr 24, 2018
France
Funster No
MH
2001 Hymer B544
Exp
Since 1992
Welcome. I hope it’s got a turbo, I can’t remember if that would have become the norm by 1989.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 4, 2017
North West, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Never stop learning 😊
Congratulations, the outside looks very nice and tidy.
I remember my first van, many decades ago - I had absolutely no idea how to use the water pump, the gas hob, nothing really. And now all that stuff is so much second nature to me I do not really think about it any more.
Folk here can be very kind and helpful.

OP
OP
B

Bea_the_tree

Free Member
Apr 24, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Congratulations, the outside looks very nice and tidy.
I remember my first van, many decades ago - I had absolutely no idea how to use the water pump, the gas hob, nothing really. And now all that stuff is so much second nature to me I do not really think about it any more.
Folk here can be very kind and helpful.
Thank you for this. It can feel quite daunting being such a newbie and knowing so little. Really reassuring to hear that people want to help and there comes a time when it’s all second-nature!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 10, 2019
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
12 years
Hello
Hello! We had a Hymer like this, we loved it. At Easter 2022 we decided to get a more modern van & finally found our dream van. We’d been looking for a particular model for a long time & eventually found it, a 6m N-class IH. What a big, expensive mistake that was. We sold it earlier this year. We now have a Nuevo (2011) & are really pleased with it. My husband still misses the Hymer. I hope you get as much enjoyment from it as we did, it was our first van as well.

Bea

View attachment 889380

View attachment 889381

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back