Free Member
Sep 24, 2020
Glen Prosen, Angus, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
Since 2009
Last nights storm seemed to unexpectedly stall a bit around 10pm and when it finally hit us I reckon it wasn't as strong as predicted.

No more damage at work but power still off and a big hole in the roof.

Our guys on site have spent the last few weeks repairing other people's damage from storm Arwen. Guessing we'll be picking a bit more repair work this week, including our own :LOL:
Some of the gusts here were definitely stronger than Arwen but not so prolonged. Don’t know when our road will be reopened but we have an alternative route so can get down for supplies.

Kevin R

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2014
Germany
Funster No
MH
5th Wheeler Glendale
Exp
Since 2002
Although I have a four seasons rig built for Canadian winters, I admire the northern European full timers who stick it out in winters rather than travel south south to the sunshine and milder climate.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
I, in the VW, was once wild-camping in a forest in East Germany, down a rarely used logger track surrounded by massive fir trees and wild boar (as I found out next morning)
It was nice and still when I stopped but, as the evening wore on, the wind go stronger and stronger, until all the trees were swaying, like a crowd of drunken old men, about ten feet either way, every time it gusted.
It was terrifying, especially when, in the dark, I got out of the van to have a pee and nearly stood on a young wild boar, mother, and about 10 other younguns, were close by.

I never slept much that night!!! :eek::eek:
Fir trees are not a good place to park near as they are shallow rooted, so I found out years ago !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 3, 2013
St.Neots Cambs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I-414
Exp
2002-2006, 2013-current
For anyone who is wondering... I went for the Ashvales fish and chips.

Fresh fish and nice batter but forgot to ask for salt and vinegar. Small mistake but with huge consequences.
Thank goodness-I was worried about you being hungry…….and since I see you have a Hymer I will stop worrying-tough as old boots they are-we are on our 3rd!

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Fir trees are not a good place to park near as they are shallow rooted, so I found out years ago !!

and can contain VERY protective Wild Boar Mothers! :eek:

the wind was still when I arrived and 25metre? tall trees so closely packed together that for one to fall down, they all would have too.

(To be honest, all I wanted was a hideaway from any East German Police for the night!):LOL:

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
Be thankful you weren't in a caravan. That wind could have lifted the whole thing off the ground.

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
I love that style and age of hymer are they under 3.5 ton?
and my guttering blew off the conservatory in storm

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back