Fire Safety Stick 15% Fun Discount - No Mess, 15 Year Life Fire Extinguisher (4 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Many will know that there is an existing 10% discount on Fire Safety Sticks https://fire-safety-stick-4915.myshopify.com/pages/about for Funsters but (after a cheeky request from me :blusher:) for a limited time this has kindly been increased to 15% for all versions (y)
When ordering direct from the distributor using this link https://fire-safety-stick-4915.myshopify.com/discount/mhfun?redirect=/collections/all the 15% discount is automatically applied at checkout. The bundles offer even better value & it's free shipping on orders over £100 too - e.g. if buying the FSS50 Double Pack it works out at £57.38 per Stick delivered. Suitable for not just the motorhome but for the car & home too - many were even bought as Xmas presents before https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...e-extinguisher-with-fun-discount-code.274567/ !🎄
Lots of big fans of this product on here, including ourselves, so do a search for feedback from fellow Funsters :active:
It's compact, light, leaves no mess or damage when used & has a 15 year shelf life so what's not to love...
Please do post a comment if you are fans too or do decide to buy through this offer so it "bumps" this thread so more Funsters who may benefit see it in time to take advantage of this offer - "Likes" are always appreciated but they don't do this.
1724084418597.png

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2021
South West, UK
Funster No
MH
Wildax PVC
Exp
2yrs in & over 20% of nights 'out'
A bit like insurance, the "proof of the pudding"...

Before I go ahead and replace my existing extinguisher (performance unknown) has anyone had experience of actually using one of these in earnest?

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
A bit like insurance, the "proof of the pudding"...

Before I go ahead and replace my existing extinguisher (performance unknown) has anyone had experience of actually using one of these in earnest?
You may find this useful. (Ignore the unnecessary second part of the video title! Also ignore the weird comments about chip pan fires being likely to be common in motorhomes.... 🙄) The presenter is a bit full on at times, but she addresses a lot of useful info. It covers various extinguishers, talks about extinguisher maintenance, and shows the Fire Stick being used by someone who is not used to using one. The video is helpfully marked in chapters, You may want to start watching from 9.37 in. Also 18.22 shows a report section on an actual fridge fire which was extinguished by a fire stick, when a powder extinguisher had failed. It also talks about how they work with lithium, which I think would be a problem with any extinguisher. Basically it would suppress the initial fire, but wouldn't necessarily stop it re-igniting. It would enable you to get out, however, and call for professional help.

I have used foam, powder, water & co2 extinguishers (fire training for commercial fire marshall status), but not the fire stick. I HAVE however swapped my van's extinguishers for fire sticks. I had Fire Tool extinguishers first, but the Fire Sticks have much better 'run time' and they also have a longer 'shelf life'. (I do though prefer the Fire Tool ignition of pulling a ring and pressing a button rather than striking, but I don't think Fire Tool / Firepal are in existence anymore.)

Motorhome Fire Extinguishers

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
You may find this useful. (Ignore the unnecessary second part of the video title! Also ignore the weird comments about chip pan fires being likely to be common in motorhomes.... 🙄) The presenter is a bit full on at times, but she addresses a lot of useful info. It covers various extinguishers, talks about extinguisher maintenance, and shows the Fire Stick being used by someone who is not used to using one. The video is helpfully marked in chapters, You may want to start watching from 9.37 in. Also 18.22 shows a report section on an actual fridge fire which was extinguished by a fire stick, when a powder extinguisher had failed. It also talks about how they work with lithium, which I think would be a problem with any extinguisher. Basically it would suppress the initial fire, but wouldn't necessarily stop it re-igniting. It would enable you to get out, however, and call for professional help.

I have used foam, powder, water & co2 extinguishers (fire training for commercial fire marshall status), but not the fire stick. I HAVE however swapped my van's extinguishers for fire sticks. I had Fire Tool extinguishers first, but the Fire Sticks have much better 'run time' and they also have a longer 'shelf life'. (I do though prefer the Fire Tool ignition of pulling a ring and pressing a button rather than striking, but I don't think Fire Tool / Firepal are in existence anymore.)

Thank you for that link - watched that part of the video & despite having seen a lot of informative ones by Andrew & Sergio of FSS it was useful to see someone inexperienced using a Stick. Like the tip about hot weather & the reality check about lithium battery fires - all good to know (y)
We did previously own & post about FirePal/Firetool on here back in 2015 https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...-small-but-powerful-fire-extinguisher.117902/ & 2017 https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/firetool-je50-was-firepal-discount-code-offer-£38-99-delivered.164391/ (which was quite controversial then!) but when ours were due for replacing found that they are no longer trading hence finding FSS in the search for a reputable replacement.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005

Very good video. She does have something of the Angela Rayner about her though. But she is really good.

Sep 30, 2021
South West, UK
Funster No
MH
Wildax PVC
Exp
2yrs in & over 20% of nights 'out'

Not sure I would want to stay that close, or that long, next to a burning car..

In the van, I think my approach would be to set it going, chuck it in general direction of any fire, and get out.

There are a few videos of "satisfied customers" and plugs from influences who received free samples on YouTube.

However, I must admit, the complete lack of any certification or even tacit 'approval' from a competent agency/authority (Govt, British standards, ISO, Fire service?) makes me hesitate..

So is it "smoke & mirrors", or "no smoke without fire" ? 🤷‍♂️

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+

In the van, I think my approach would be to set it going, chuck it in general direction of any fire, and get out.

There are a few videos of "satisfied customers" and plugs from influences who received free samples on YouTube.

However, I must admit, the complete lack of any certification or even tacit 'approval' from a competent agency/authority (Govt, British standards, ISO, Fire service?) makes me hesitate..

I presume it doesn't fit into the existing BS / EN / ISO standards for fire extinguishers, hence the lack of certification. No standard, nothing to certify against.

These standards committees can sometimes be like oil tankers. Especially because the members are likely employed by existing manufacturers, they have the resources to attend. Not saying that this is the case, I don't have knowledge of this area, but it happens.

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!

The UK Fire Service DOES support the Fire Safety Sticks, and a large number of their response cars have them installed. Kent F&RS has 75, installed in all of their rapid response vehicles. Guernsey F&RS uses them. Some police force areas are using them (community posts showing police cars and tagging Fire Safety Stick as their products are in the police vehicles - ie Yorkshire Police). They have plenty of use in performance cars, track days etc. There's lots of evidence of their successful use. I switched to these type of extinguishers years ago, starting with Firepal/Fire Tool ones and now have Fire Sticks, and don't have any qualms about that decision. It's true that in some commercial settings they do not have specific official approvals, so standard extinguishers must be fitted, but I have a powder extinguisher in my van (which was given to me) as well as the Fire Stick and I know which I'd go for first in an emergency.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005

Looks like the F1 teams are using them in the pit lanes.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
I think I bought a couple but it is stuck on Payment screen so won’t know until I can contact them on Monday. Hate it when that happens,always on a weekend. 😳

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
I bought one after your notification cheers👍
I was a bit disappointed that you didn’t use it to beat the fire to death 🤪🤪🤪

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Last bump....code will reduce to 10% discount after midnight

• Thanks
Reactions: f6c

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Tried 3 times to order 2 x Twin packs but couldn't get through the checkout. Just kept getting a white empty box in the middle of the screen.

Also, unless I've misunderstood something, there seems to be a mis-match with the pricing quoted in this thread and the price in my basket.

Wombles said "...if buying the FSS50 Double Pack it works out at £57.38 per Stick delivered".

However, as you can see below £280.50 divided by 4 is £70.12 each.

I was still happy to pay the price but couldn't checkout.

1725141125635.png

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Tried 3 times to order 2 x Twin packs but couldn't get through the checkout. Just kept getting a white empty box in the middle of the screen.

Also, unless I've misunderstood something, there seems to be a mis-match with the pricing quoted in this thread and the price in my basket.

Wombles said "...if buying the FSS50 Double Pack it works out at £57.38 per Stick delivered".

However, as you can see below £280.50 divided by 4 is £70.12 each.

I was still happy to pay the price but couldn't checkout.

View attachment 942786
Use the second link which makes it £229.50 so £57.38 each - the first web link is just for info about FSS - just done a dummy order to confirm

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Use the second link which makes it £229.50 so £57.38 each - the first web link is just for info about FSS - just done a dummy order to confirm
HKF - only on my phone & just spotted your order is FSS50 & FSS100 so that will be dearer than 4 x FSS50 - hope you get it sorted in time. Sleep now for me :sleep:

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
HKF - only on my phone & just spotted your order is FSS50 & FSS100 so that will be dearer than 4 x FSS50 - hope you get it sorted in time. Sleep now for me :sleep:

Ah yes, I see that now but the only 'double pack' I could see was a 50 +100. I'd be quite happy with that but I can't get past the checkout :cry:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Ah yes, I see that now but the only 'double pack' I could see was a 50 +100. I'd be quite happy with that but I can't get past the checkout :cry:
Clicking on the FSS50 (single image) option here https://fire-safety-stick-4915.myshopify.com/discount/mhfun?redirect=/collections/all then gives the full range of FSS50 bundles including the double packs, then Add To Cart, Checkout - fill in email, address & payment options then Pay Now.
Good news is thought the discount offer was until midnight last night but looks like it may be midnight tonight (or until some other time today) as trying a dummy order now it's currently still giving 15% discount (y)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Clicking on the FSS50 (single image) option here https://fire-safety-stick-4915.myshopify.com/discount/mhfun?redirect=/collections/all then gives the full range of FSS50 bundles including the double packs, then Add To Cart, Checkout - fill in email, address & payment options then Pay Now.
Good news is thought the discount offer was until midnight last night but looks like it may be midnight tonight (or until some other time today) as trying a dummy order now it's currently still giving 15% discount (y)

Thanks Wombles but I just tried again now and I still can't checkout. It says 'Your order is processing...', then I get this

1725178434430.png

and it won't go any further. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they'll honour the discount.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thanks Wombles but I just tried again now and I still can't checkout. It says 'Your order is processing...', then I get this

View attachment 942834

and it won't go any further. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they'll honour the discount.
Are you ordering for delivery in UK? Your location is shown as France - if so that may be the problem?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back