LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I have a fault light "check engine" fault come to light on my fiat ducato 3L. van running fine and no issues and just cruised back from the Alps and covered 1500 miles with no issues. Old school of Oil and Water in place and running fine probably pointing to something trivial.

Anyhow, I want to buy a fault code reader to see what fault it throws up and see if I can clear it or repair what ever the problem is.

has anyone purchased one? if so please point me in the right direction.

TIA

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I bought reader from ebay few years ago, came with ODBI software if I remember rightly. used it on a few different vehicles before I 'misplaced it' lol.

not sure if its what youre looking for but might be worth looking at?

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Torque pro app plus a bluetooth obd elm plug for basics.
If you want to reset service interval or oil change on later, after 2007?, vans you will need something better.
Multiecuscan goes on a win pc, the program is free but needs a 50. Euro ish licence to make it work. Plus an obd interfaace for £10 or so.
Torque app has been mentioned on here before if you do a search.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I have a fault light "check engine" fault come to light on my fiat ducato 3L. van running fine and no issues and just cruised back from the Alps and covered 1500 miles with no issues. Old school of Oil and Water in place and running fine probably pointing to something trivial.

Anyhow, I want to buy a fault code reader to see what fault it throws up and see if I can clear it or repair what ever the problem is.

TIA
We bought the Delphi 150E from Amazon, as our Iveco was lighting up like a Christmas tree with in the first week, nothing serious and it all seemed to reset itself. Paid about £50 and was told not to bother with the Bluetooth version.

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001

TIA

Hi Ya, the engine service light comes up when it feels that it's due... However if you like me do your own service and oil change don't wory it goes out automatically 500 miles later (or there abouts)

HTH
Gerry

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Hi gerry

It's not the engine service light it's saying check engine

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Any cheap OBD reader will read and display engine codes. Torque app as mention with a Bluetooth ELM OBD dongle is fairly cheap. I have a £9-99 OBD reader from Amazon that would also work fine.

If you want to check for codes in other systems, you need either a make specific multi system reader, or a multi make full system scanner.

MultiEcuScan is about the best Fiat specific multi-system diagnostic software, pound for pound. It will do more than some garage equipment costing £1000s, but only for Fiat group vehicles.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
thanks everyone. I used a cheap one from Amazon for 10.99 identified a fault code of p2455 and cleared it, stayed off for now.

Jul 10, 2018
Worcester(U.K)
Funster No
MH
Tamar Ducato160multi
Exp
My 2007 3l ducato showed fault light "check engine" yesterday. Using £10 Bluetooth OBD code reader and torque pro app revealed code.
P0335 – Crankshaft position (CKP) sensor -circuit malfunction
This sensor is in a horrible position at the back of the engine near to turbo/ exhaust system. I disconnected the plug and cleaned it with electrical contact spray and dried with clean cloth and fault code disappeared ......for now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back