Fiat Ducato (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Since 2017
Final update on my wagon where I was charged £10300.00 to initially have a clutch change! The Shower of **** that supposedly repaired it was Called Glenside commercials in Caerphilly South Wales.
I successfully sued them via the small claims court for negligence and overcharges and had a fair amount of refund. However the stress of dealing with small claims can be a pain in the wotsit. As they couldn’t cure the juddering problem whilst in reverse the kept on putting on new parts ie a robotic control unit £3580 &vat! After they done this the vehicle broke down on trip to Italy, lots of stress vehicle recovered to U.K.
Glenside showed no empathy or apology, so I decided to take it to Adams Morey in Southampton as recommended by kind people on this site and they cured the problem once and for all fabulous people.
As for Glenside if you’re thinking of using them,my advise is to find someone else.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
sorry to hear what you went through

Possibly write it up in the reviews section objectively is the best place, and or link/ it to your previous post so everyone can get the full picture.
Your google review does have an answer I notice from Glenside and Jim likes to make sure balanced views are put in place here too, so it avoids hassle for the site

OP
OP
F
Jul 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Since 2017
Good news. Well done.

Do you know what AM did to cure your issue?
AM found many faults that contributed to it breaking down in Italy,poor earthing to gearbox,glowplug not connected correctly,exhaust manifold not connected correctly causing blowing from exhaust, list is quite long really. The clutch that Glenside commercials fitted eventually broke in two pieces after only 1500 miles,you would expect a clutch to do 60-80K.AM fitted new clutch and all ok.
I did take advise and have traded vehicle in,the retailer had full knowledge of problems complete with copy invoices.
Someone from this site suggested Adams Morey of Southampton and I must say this was the best advice I’ve had and I would highly recommend them,I only wish that I took it there in the first instance.

Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
So what was causing the reverse judder? It wouldn’t be the earth, glow plug or blowing exhaust so must’ve been something drive train related?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I believe certain models of the Ducato suffered from judder when reversing up a slope. (Too high reverse gear?).

It has been rectified on later models.

Jan 6, 2024
Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Warwick XL MQ
Exp
Since 1986
Wow, so sorry to hear of the problems you have had, but well done for taking the negligent firm to the SCC. I used the Court once, and it's a lot of faff, but worth it in the end. (y)

OP
OP
F
Jul 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Since 2017
So what was causing the reverse judder? It wouldn’t be the earth, glow plug or blowing exhaust so must’ve been something drive train related?
All they said was it was the clutch, but after only 35K miles you wouldn’t have that it would be anything else, but the clutch only lasted a further 1500 miles so god knows what they could have done for only to last such a short distance.after they added on a new clutch,robotic control unit etc, it did seem to stop the juddering.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We have used Glenside also.

No particular problem but booked our m/h in for exchange of instrument panel because of the “dim lights “ problem.

Told we could wait while it was done. Drove 45 miles there to be told “we have no record of that”.

Six hours later we were back on the road. Repair satisfactory, customer service crap.

OP
OP
F
Jul 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Since 2017
We have used Glenside also.

No particular problem but booked our m/h in for exchange of instrument panel because of the “dim lights “ problem.

Told we could wait while it was done. Drove 45 miles there to be told “we have no record of that”.

Six hours later we were back on the road. Repair satisfactory, customer service crap.
I’ve tried to warn people.

Jul 5, 2020
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 696F
Exp
4yrs
I too have had issues with my ( un ) comformatic gearbox.... previously had it towed into Adams Morey in Southampton twice, at £400 a time, still not comfortable with it, have now taken into Portsmouth ( Simon ), he has looked and given me a confident diagnosis which I am taking ( lots of ££££££'s ) and hope that will keep me going for the future !!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back