Jun 9, 2014
notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640
Exp
newbie but learning fast
Hi,
does anyone know if a late 2018 Ducato has an SGW on its OBD system. (Before I waste money on a scanner)
ta

rwg

Sep 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
Benivan 120
Exp
Since 2021
From what I've read it's unlikely on 2018, but no direct experienence. You would be able to read fault codes anyway, just not clear them (ours does have SGW - 71 plate and I can read codes)

Some vans had a separate secure gateway unit hidden behind the dash that could be bypassed. Apparently that setup didn't last long and changed again to the gateway being built in to the BCM. I went digging behind the dash on ours and failed to find the separate SGW module (but did find the mounting points for it).

cheers,

Robin

• Thanks
Reactions: tkk
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Hi,
does anyone know if a late 2018 Ducato has an SGW on its OBD system. (Before I waste money on a scanner)
ta
No twin egr Ducato had sgw (made until sept 19) euro 6 no adblue. Dates are difficult with Motohomes as they can lay around in different places for 6 months or more. eg mine left factory November 2016 Left Rapido May2017 Registered March 2018. Multiecuscan the best you can get for a Ducato.

Reactions: tkk
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
From what I've read it's unlikely on 2018, but no direct experienence. You would be able to read fault codes anyway, just not clear them (ours does have SGW - 71 plate and I can read codes)

Some vans had a separate secure gateway unit hidden behind the dash that could be bypassed. Apparently that setup didn't last long and changed again to the gateway being built in to the BCM. I went digging behind the dash on ours and failed to find the separate SGW module (but did find the mounting points for it).

cheers,

Robin
Robin
you state you can read codes but can you fit a bypass and use Multiecuscan in write as well as read modes. eg reset oil algorithym or anything in the actuators menu. I am aware a bypass is available for early gateways but is it suitable for BCM based gateways?

rwg

Sep 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
Benivan 120
Exp
Since 2021
Hi,

As far as I know there isn't a bypass possible if the gateway is built into the BCM, certainly not seen anything online to suggest it exists.

Bit of a pain really šŸ˜¢

Robin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back