Fiat Ducato Factory fitted alarm… (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 9, 2024
Norwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo coming
Exp
We are expecting our first campervan in July 2024. This will be our first so we’re new!
Hi all,

We have a PVC based on a new (2024) Ducato with a factory fitted alarm.

When I set the alarm, the indicators flash and it beeps twice. It also beeps when I disarm it.

Anyone know if it’s possible to disable the beep so that it only flashes the indicators as it’s potentially a bit annoying for others if I set / disarm it late at night.

Thanks, Ian

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Hi all,

When I set the alarm, the indicators flash and it beeps twice. It also beeps when I disarm it.

Anyone know if it’s possible to disable the beep so that it only flashes the indicators as it’s potentially a bit annoying for others if I set / disarm it late at night.

Thanks, Ian
You mean more annoying than sliding and slamming the side door🤣🤣🤣

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
Hi all,

Thanks, Ian
My Vanbitz alarm doesnt beep, I would have preferred it if it did, funny how we like different options.

Upvote 0
Oct 20, 2023
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Hi all,

Anyone know if it’s possible to disable the beep so that it only flashes the indicators as it’s
potentially a bit annoying for others if I set / disarm it late at night.

Thanks, Ian
Do you have a Fiat fitted alarm or done by the converter?
Fiat check the manual, otherwise go back to the dealership.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L
Jan 9, 2024
Norwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo coming
Exp
We are expecting our first campervan in July 2024. This will be our first so we’re new!
Do you have a Fiat fitted alarm or done by the converter?
Fiat check the manual, otherwise go back to the dealership.
It’s factory fitted

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
If it is factory fitted abroad it may not be Thatcham approved. If you are relying on it for insurance reasons best check this.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Doesn’t look like you can

IMG_1407.png
IMG_1406.png

Upvote 0
May 21, 2019
South Coast
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance
Exp
Since 2015
This is normally controlled by programming the factory siren for the country of operation , in the UK the requirement is for no audible feedback on locking/unlocking . Sounds like a dealer job or someone with the correct software.

Upvote 0
Oct 27, 2022
Funster No
MH
Consort PVC
It is a Fiat factory fit alarm, the Ducato manual describes it. We have the same alarm and I've been through all the vehicle settings on the control panel. No option to disable the beeps.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L
Jan 9, 2024
Norwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo coming
Exp
It is a Fiat factory fit alarm, the Ducato manual describes it. We have the same alarm and I've been through all the vehicle settings on the control panel. No option to disable the beeps.
Does your beep twice, then waits a few seconds and beeps once?

I’ve been reading the manual and think it suggests that might mean a door isn’t shut (which they all are) or there’s an error in the alarm.

Upvote 0
Oct 27, 2022
Funster No
MH
Consort PVC
On arming ours beeps once, then after about 3-5 seconds beeps again.

I also read the manual and thought that the two beeps meant an error, but others with the same factory fit alarm report the same beep sequence.

If yours beeps twice immediately followed by a single beep after a few seconds then that's different to ours. Perhaps an error condition as per the manual ?

On arming, we get a long beep, then a delay of 3-5 seconds followed by a single, shorter beep.

On disarming then we get two beeps.

I've tested the alarm by enabling while inside the vehicle and opening each door in turn + also opening the bonnet. For each case the alarm sounded.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L
Jan 9, 2024
Norwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo coming
Exp
On arming ours beeps once, then after about 3-5 seconds beeps again.

I also read the manual and thought that the two beeps meant an error, but others with the same factory fit alarm report the same beep sequence.

If yours beeps twice immediately followed by a single beep after a few seconds then that's different to ours. Perhaps an error condition as per the manual ?

On arming, we get a long beep, then a delay of 3-5 seconds followed by a single, shorter beep.

On disarming then we get two beeps.
Thanks yorkiebar

On second thoughts, that might be what ours does and I was getting confused with the indicator flashes!

Don’t want to try it now as next doors got young kids and don’t want to disturb them but will double check tomorrow.

Thanks for putting my mind at rest… just a shame that Fiat don’t give the option to turn the beeps off 🙁

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Don’t think folk with c class and a class realise that some of them also have to slam the habitation door to close it properly. I’d rather hear the advance warning of the whoosh.😀
But they only close it once when it gets chilly or going to bed.
Why do the whoosh bangers have to open & close it 10 times between midnight & 2am?

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Y
But they only close it once when it gets chilly or going to bed.
Why do the whoosh bangers have to open & close it 10 times between midnight & 2am?
No idea, I am asleep and my wife denies getting out of bed just to open and shut the door. Perhaps some whoosh bangers are sneaking out to change bed partners, there could be a whole new meaning to whoosh banging.

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I certainly wouldn't be happy with the thing sounding the horn every time it locks/unlocks & if it couldn't be disabled the horn wires would be disconnected.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back