Fiat Ducato Driver Assistance Package (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 29, 2018
County Durham, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Free 600
Exp
Only a year
I added this as an option onto our 2023 Ducato based Hymer Free 600.
It has a major problem in that when it rains all the assistance starts to fail. I think it must be the radar being affected.
Error message is usually on the lines of Clean Windscreen.
I have spoken to Fiat Professional dealers and they say Fiat doesn’t acknowledge that there is a fault.

So my question is, what do any other people that went for the option find is their experience?
Before I go back and start complaining

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
A lot of these systems rely on cameras. They have lower certainty, and therefore less safety, when it's raining. So they stop you using them.

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
If you read the blurb with the system it tells you that heavy rain can switch that aspect off. I discovered that before finding and reading all the blurb and taking it back to Fiat. Mine goes off in heavy rain and also won’t work if condensation in between the screen and the camera housing and if I am heading directly into a low sun. These are the things I have noticed over the past 2 years and they happen regularly in those specific conditions.

Aug 26, 2022
North Cumbria.
Funster No
MH
Hobby Vantana
Exp
Since 2013
I added this as an option onto our 2023 Ducato based Hymer Free 600.
It has a major problem in that when it rains all the assistance starts to fail. I think it must be the radar being affected.
Error message is usually on the lines of Clean Windscreen.
I have spoken to Fiat Professional dealers and they say Fiat doesn’t acknowledge that there is a fault.

So my question is, what do any other people that went for the option find is their experience?
Before I go back and start complaining
Yes it's quite normal for heavy rain, directly into strong sunlight, IE low sun in winter and any form of condensation, such as when sleeping overnight without an external windscreen cover on to affect the system.
I complained initially, but having got nowhere with Fiat dealers, I just accept that there will be issues when any of these conditions apply.
Once the conditions have gone, the system reverts back to normal operation.
This is life with the Ducato ADAS ........

OP
OP
OttovanKamper
Aug 29, 2018
County Durham, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Free 600
Exp
Only a year
Thanks for the replies.
However is it really acceptable that when you would theoretically need them most it stops working.
Having had similar systems on a few cars and VW transporters it is noticeable that you can get an issue in depths of winter if it is very cold and damp but never in rain.
Just seems that the Fiat system is not as robust as it should be considering the cost.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back