Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 15, 2017
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail V-Line
Exp
Since 2009
I'm trying to call Fiat Camper Assist on an 0080 number. Apparently it's not available on my calling plan. I've managed to get through to the RAC, but there must be an easier/quicker way. Can anybody help?

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Bottom of the page šŸ‘ but it may not be free šŸ™

Upvote 0
May 11, 2023
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 540
Is the other number on here any use?
1000007865.jpg

Upvote 0

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I'm trying to call Fiat Camper Assist on an 0080 number. Apparently it's not available on my calling plan. I've managed to get through to the RAC, but there must be an easier/quicker way. Can anybody help?
Where are you Uk or Europe

Upvote 0

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
An 0800 number should be free try leaving off the first 0

If not I'm happy if you give me details I'll call them and ask them to call you back

Upvote 0
May 29, 2020
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since March 2024
Well good luck with that "mafia like" disfunctional organisation. First it was impossible to register as a new customer on their website (took me two months to do it). A week ago in Germany, the van wouldn't start and that 00800 number wouldn't work. I called the backup number +39 02 4441 2160 (both numbers are on the back of the sunvisor) and eventually got through at my third attempt. Whilst I waited for assistance, I got called by what I assumed was Fiat Camper Assist (caller was UK based). Helpful chap was just following on the situation. The recovery chap arrived after two hours wait, tested the battery which showed 11.4V, jump started it and said that I needed a new battery as I wouldn't be assisted again if I stopped the engine. The UK helpline called again to assess the situation, said he would have to find a nearby Fiat Professional Camper dealer, phoned back and told me that the best solution he could offer was to have the van put in storage three weeks and put me in a hotel before a Fiat dealer could fit a replacement battery. I said that wasn't possible so he said he would try to find a better resolution and call me back (never did) but he suggested that I find a independent fitter and claim the cost back. I did just that as the first option was totally unrealistic and it was getting late in the day.
I then tried to call back the UK number, to tell them I was all sorted, but that was a blocked number. I called again the +39 Fiat Camper Assist, choose "option 2" for customer services, spoke to someone who didn't have a clue so asked for a call back. Got a call back from Italy, explained the situation and got told that I had never called for assistance as they had no records of me calling and that I would get no refund for the new battery. I explained everything again, saying that I followed the instructions given to me and got told that I should have called the number "on the website".
I will now have to try to get a refund when back in the UK which is unlikely so will have to take the legal route.

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Ask ypourself first "Why would a recovery agent refund money for a vehicle part?
They don't it is recovery
nd claim the cost back. I did just that as the first option was totally unrealistic and it wa
He might have said it but they do not pay for any parts .That is your problem
so will have to take the legal route.
You might as well put the money in a bucket & burn it.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back