Fiamma bike rack failure, spare part needed. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 26, 2021
Worcestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner A645 Active
One of the cross members on my elevating bike rack snapped.
This part is no longer available from fiamma does anyone have one that could be cannibalised for parts?
Failing that I'll get a friend to weld it up. I'd just take it off but it's got the reversing camera hard mounted to it...

IMG_20240524_190621.jpg

IMG_20240524_190701.jpg

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
One of the cross members on my elevating bike rack snapped.
I'd slip a close-fitting sleeve over the break. Maybe a 6" long piece of hollow square section alloy (if it's square) or tubing if it's round, fixed in place with an epoxy adhesive or even self-tappers to prevent it from moving along the rail.
I doubt that butt welding the broken ends without some reinforcement would last very long.

OP
OP
S
Mar 26, 2021
Worcestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner A645 Active
I'd slip a close-fitting sleeve over the break. Maybe a 6" long piece of hollow square section alloy (if it's square) or tubing if it's round, fixed in place with an epoxy adhesive or even self-tappers to prevent it from moving along the rail.
I doubt that butt welding the broken ends without some reinforcement would last very long.
Good idea, I was thinking welding some plates along each side might do it, going to the effort of sleeving the whole thing, i could probably put the same effort into replacing the broken beam. It's just 30mm square aluminium tube. prob 2mm thickness.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back