Ferry from Ancona to Patras (1 Viewer)

Aug 31, 2009
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Funster No
MH
Changing
Exp
15 Years
At the moment you can book a motorhome onto a Minoan Lines ferry from Ancona, for this autumn, with accommodation described as “deck space“. Does anybody know if this includes a seat or recliner? Is it possible to sleep overnight on the deck? We are booking through Direct Ferries and it is proving very difficult to get an answer out of them as to whether cabins are available or not in September/October. It seems that sleeping in the motorhome is not an option now for September /October (perhaps all the deck space slots have been taken) but again we cannot get Direct Ferries to respond to our queries on this.
Thanks in advance
Peter

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
At the moment you can book a motorhome onto a Minoan Lines ferry from Ancona, for this autumn, with accommodation described as “deck space“. Does anybody know if this includes a seat or recliner? Is it possible to sleep overnight on the deck? We are booking through Direct Ferries and it is proving very difficult to get an answer out of them as to whether cabins are available or not in September/October. It seems that sleeping in the motorhome is not an option now for September /October (perhaps all the deck space slots have been taken) but again we cannot get Direct Ferries to respond to our queries on this.
Thanks in advance
Peter

Switch to ViaMare as agent. Excellent service and they really know the Adriatic ferries.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Minoan lines stopped camping on deck quite a few years ago. What they do now for Motorhomes & caravans is a camping package which includes an inside 2 berth cabin, effectively you get a cabin for free.

As said Viamare are the people to book through & they will make sure you get the best price.

Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
Just sold
Exp
since 1996
We have 'camped on board' quite a few times. If it's not available then deck really does mean deck. As far as I know the reclining chairs you have to pay for and are not comfortable for sleeping. As previous comments have said try Viamare. They really are good, I first used them in mid 80s, they know what they are talking about and you deal with a person. I've usually dealt with Dale of Dorina. Very understanding when I had to cancel (twice) due to Covid.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Thanks in advance
Peter

Any help?

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Minoan have a 'camping all inclusive' option which includes an inside cabin and electricity for your van on deck (no access during the crossing) and 30% reduction on meals ...

<Broken link removed>

Pete

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
If you do specifically want to sleep in your motorhome on deck then only Anek and Superfast have this option, they share the route and its only available between April and October...

Outside of these times you'll need to check but I think they have a similar offer to Minoan's 'all inclusive' option with a cabin.

Pete

OP
OP
peter21
Aug 31, 2009
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Funster No
MH
Changing
Exp
15 Years
Thanks to all for your very helpful comments. I have now spoken to Dale at Viamare; he was efficient and knowledgeable, and we have found crossing times that work for us, sleeping in the motorhomes (we are going with friends). It is very tightly booked for Autumn 2022 now, not a lot of choice left.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back