Falcon SatNav - new method of updating maps using Youtube video and download link (1 Viewer)

Mar 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix
Exp
13 years
Has anyone else been invited to update their Falcon SatNav maps using the new method for your free yearly map updates ?
It is now carried out by going to and using a YouTube link which is a video showing how to do the update using a download link below the video.
The video is very misleading and the download link starts a 7+ GB download that takes an hour or so to download.
Using my laptop I obtained the (zipped) download file.
I followed the instructions given in the video which describe removing the Satnav SD card and inserting it into your laptop ( in my case using a micro-SD card usb adapter ). The video then shows that you locate the IGO folder in the downloaded 7GB zipped file and copy that folder and the paste it onto the IGO folder on the card you have taken out of the satnav.
Unfortunately that does not work as an error copying the above tells you there is not enough space on the card as it requires addition space on the card to do it.
I found the problem to be that the max satnav card size allowed is 16GB and the action described in the video places the downloaded IGO folder ( with all its contents ) inside the existing IGO folder on the card ( which also has your existing maps etc on it as well ) this will not all fit into the 16GB space on the card.
Contacted Falcon tech support by email and got a suggestion that I should completely delete the IGO folder on the card to make space.
In previous years the free map updates were carried out by deleting only 3 or 4 folders within the IGO folder and replacing only those files that required to be updated.
I do not want to loose my settings, poi's, favourites etc so am now awaiting further advice from Falcon.
I can understand Falcon trying to reduce the costs and responsibility of providing the promised free updates but the Youtube video instructions are not fit for purpose.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back