Europe wide Data Only SIM - 300Gb/month (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 25, 2019
HANTS
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy a LHD
Exp
Since 2014
We're in Spain at the moment on a 3 month trip. Saw a note somewhere about Tiekom offering a pan-European deal with no fixed term contract, so thought we'd give it a try.
Here's our experience of it so far:
Sales people were very quick to respond via email (in English) and sent the SIM cards to us at the campsite in Javea.
Deal is 300Gb data for just under €40 per month. It runs on Vodafone Spain 4G and so far has been excellent.

Easy set up in our Netgear MiFi. Just popped the SIM in, selected Vodafone as the APN, entered the SIM PIN and seas you go.

Had to complete a PDF form via email and give them bank details as it's paid via direct debit.

Easy to stop and restart the service apparently. We're coming back in Sept so she sent us 2 SIMs and we need to tell her when to stop and when to restart. Will let you know how that works.
SIM works in following countries (copied from their email to me)'

"To be sure you have service when you came back in September, I am going to send you one SIM card off and just in case something goes wrong we will have the second sim card as replacement.
The sim works in the following countries:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, French Caribbean, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Holland, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Reunion, Latvia, Slovakia, Slovenia Czech Republic, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Azores, Guadeloupe and Saint Martin (French Caribbean), Guam, Guernsey, French Guiana (French Caribbean), Isle of Man, Mayotte Island, Aland Islands, Jersey, Kosovo, Madeira, Martinique (French Caribbean), US Virgin Islands. , Vatican.

Please, could you confirm when you need to stop the SIM card to don’t bill you while you don’t need it? I’m going to organise everything."

Here's the link if you're interested:

Hope this helps. Happy travels all.
Gareth & Kelly

Sep 2, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autoquest 196
Exp
We're in Spain at the moment on a 3 month trip. Saw a note somewhere about Tiekom offering a pan-European deal with no fixed term contract, so thought we'd give it a try.
Here's our experience of it so far:
Sales people were very quick to respond via email (in English) and sent the SIM cards to us at the campsite in Javea.
Deal is 300Gb data for just under €40 per month. It runs on Vodafone Spain 4G and so far has been excellent.

Easy set up in our Netgear MiFi. Just popped the SIM in, selected Vodafone as the APN, entered the SIM PIN and seas you go.

Had to complete a PDF form via email and give them bank details as it's paid via direct debit.

Easy to stop and restart the service apparently. We're coming back in Sept so she sent us 2 SIMs and we need to tell her when to stop and when to restart. Will let you know how that works.
SIM works in following countries (copied from their email to me)'

"To be sure you have service when you came back in September, I am going to send you one SIM card off and just in case something goes wrong we will have the second sim card as replacement.
The sim works in the following countries:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, French Caribbean, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Holland, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Reunion, Latvia, Slovakia, Slovenia Czech Republic, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Azores, Guadeloupe and Saint Martin (French Caribbean), Guam, Guernsey, French Guiana (French Caribbean), Isle of Man, Mayotte Island, Aland Islands, Jersey, Kosovo, Madeira, Martinique (French Caribbean), US Virgin Islands. , Vatican.

Please, could you confirm when you need to stop the SIM card to don’t bill you while you don’t need it? I’m going to organise everything."

Here's the link if you're interested:

Hope this helps. Happy travels all.
Gareth & Kelly
Hi there is this sim card still working well for you? Have you had any issues at all?
Thanks

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G
Mar 25, 2019
HANTS
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy a LHD
Exp
Since 2014
Hi there is this sim card still working well for you? Have you had any issues at all?
Thanks
Hello mate. We're still using it now in the mifi here in UK and it's working well. It's a Vodafone SIM so you need to change the APN on your router to reflect the country you're in but we've had a decent signal in most places.

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
Lots of experience on this company/data card on this thread

Upvote 0
May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
I note on thread below Carpmart posts “Yes all zone 1 countries, but as with any SIM it needs activating in its home county (Spain) before you roam to France and Germany.”

I’ll investigate further.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
In reality how many gb do we use. I thought I used a lot but why not buy 5 Lebara PAYG sims at a penny for 12gb each month? This runs off Vodaphone so 60gb for 6 p each month for 6 months then cancel…a no brainier for me.

Upvote 0
Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
In reality how many gb do we use. I thought I used a lot but why not buy 5 Lebara PAYG sims at a penny for 12gb each month? This runs off Vodaphone so 60gb for 6 p each month for 6 months then cancel…a no brainier for me.
Sandra, we use alot more than I thought. One wet weekend in Germany we used just over 50gb, and in a month can regularly go over 100gb, we did change from HD to SD, and some backup settings on most devices after that little shock.

But if you work, video call/conference, upload stuff have a couple devices streaming then you need not only alot of data but do not want to have faff around changing a sim when inconvenient. The 1p Lebara is great but hopefully for us it is a fallback. If the Tiekom sim works as well as hoped then it is a longer term solution which would be great.

Upvote 0
Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
Would a satellite not be better these days instead of steaming? Doesn’t use data. I can use 100GB data a month on my phone without streaming.

Carol

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back