Euramobil electric upgrade (1 Viewer)

Nov 19, 2023
Kidderminster, UK
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil Terrestra
Exp
Green as grass
Hello all, having a great time in our first MH a 2009 Terrestra 570 HS, and thinking of boosting the electrics a bit so we can tour round europe off grid more readily this summer. The van is as per the original spec with two 105ah LA batteries and I'm thinking of converting to Lithium as a starter. Anybody done similar with one of these vans? I'd appreciate advice on the B2B and inverter to use if I drop in two 105ah lithium batteries (Fogstar).

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
A single ~200Ah lithium will sit in the slot of one of your old lead acid batteries. It'd offer twice the capacity of your old pair. It'll weigh as much as one of the batteries (so you get 25kg of payload back). And if you get a reasonable brand, it'll still provide enough current for a 2.5kW inverter.

Then, if you want to expand further, you've still got the other slot free.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2022
Funster No
MH
Cathargo
Exp
A single ~200Ah lithium will sit in the slot of one of your old lead acid batteries. It'd offer twice the capacity of your old pair. It'll weigh as much as one of the batteries (so you get 25kg of payload back). And if you get a reasonable brand, it'll still provide enough current for a 2.5kW inverter.

Assuming the 200amp battery BMS output is sufficient, so worth checking its spec. 2500w inverter output with 5% inefficiency and 12.8v will be approximately 204.5 draw. Perhaps not likely to use it at full tilt though

OP
OP
kurvengeisst
Nov 19, 2023
Kidderminster, UK
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil Terrestra
Exp
Green as grass

Hey thanks for this, I can’t find a 200ah battery that fits in the battery bay unfortunately, the biggest wattage that fits is the fogstar 105w unless you know of a compact 200watter? The current batteries are 302x172x220mm.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back