EU Roaming Options

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral SL
Exp
Always a Newbie
After using a 100G SIM from Popit mobile for the last couple of years I am now searching for a replacement since they have reduced their roaming allowance.
Initially signed up for a Tesco Mobile 100G SIM but this refuses to work in my Huawei E5785 router. Spent a hour and a half in my local Tesco Mobile shop trying to get it working with no joyso had to cancel 24 mth contract.

Does anyone now provide full roaming SIMs anymore, either on contract or pay per month?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Try Tiekom they are a Spanish company but they will sell a sim to you and they have various sizes we have 400gb per month one that we can put on hold when not using which has 200gb roaming so you can use it throughout EU and UK

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Exp
Try Tiekom they are a Spanish company but they will sell a sim to you and they have various sizes we have 400gb per month one that we can put on hold when not using which has 200gb roaming so you can use it throughout EU and UK
do you need a VPN to watch live UK tv

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pacman
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral SL
Exp
Always a Newbie
Thanks for the suggestion. I now have it on my very short list of possibles. How easy is it to put on hold and revive, is there an app.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMC t789
Exp
On 4th van so not a total newbie....
Id mobile currently have no fair use policy except max if 63 days in 4 months, unused data is also rolled over.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
Thanks for the suggestion. I now have it on my very short list of possibles. How easy is it to put on hold and revive, is there an app.

No app, email them they will put it on hold or reinstate. They do charge something like £3 a month to keep it on hold.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
There is not an app however all I do is email Camino she is very good and will do it immediately for date required or hold indefinitely until you want it again😊👍

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Building a PVC
do you need a VPN to watch live UK tv
yes - you will do.

There are ways of setting up a VPN yourself at home which mean you don't have to pay for a service (e.g. Nord VPN etc) but it depends on your level of IT comfort / skills / ability to follow instructions!

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMC t789
Exp
On 4th van so not a total newbie....
All the sim only deals I can find restrict roaming to a max of 30G a month

Screenshot_20241021_131043_com.android.chrome.jpg

It looks like they have not updated their front page, this is under their roaming page, I'm guessing the standard terms are 30gb which is what you agree to, but they are currently allowing full roaming, and may switch back at some point in the future?

Upvote 0

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
Yes I am fully aware of that. Even Tesco Mobile staff were baffled.
doesn't work in my MIFI either.
when I first got it and configured it correctly it did work for a few weeks then just stopped. Put it into a phone and works perfectly. Back into MIFI and nope.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
LMC premium I650G
Exp
35y tugging + 2 in Motorhome
I had the same issue with Tesco the old 4g worked fine in the HUAWEI but the new 5g does not and according to Tesco it’s not for routers and are able to block it when fitted to one🤔😡

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I was just reading back through some old posts on this subject, when I bought my SIM card I went into a store and explained exactly what I wanted the SIM for and where I wanted to use it, (I was three days away from travelling over to France and then Spain) they said that's fine but you must use it in the UK as well, my contract was an unlimited data one and I've never used it in a phone, it worked perfectly in the EU for nearly three months, averaging 500gbs/month, with no messages or warnings and is still happily working away in the UK three years later. So i'm wondering if I got a data only SIM, maybe it's worth asking the next time you're in Tesco.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back