Entitled motorhome parking. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
I put this on "a view from..." thread but after decided maybe it deserved it's own thread.

After a mixed weather week at the Le Mans 24hr race we have followed the sun and headed south east towards Lyon where it is sunny and 30 degrees.

Found a lovely free Aire on the Lac de Villerest/Loire river.

View from the van....
IMG_20240618_180839.jpg

Well, this should be everyone's view if we all parked in the marked bays. However, some entitled Frenchman made his own spot. So pan little to my right and instead of uninterrupted lake views we have.....

IMG_20240618_195507.jpg

As I sit here with my cold Normandy cider it annoys me more and more. Maybe a few more bottles and I'll have a word. 😀

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I put this on "a view from..." thread but after decided maybe it deserved it's own thread.

After a mixed weather week at the Le Mans 24hr race we have followed the sun and headed south east towards Lyon where it is sunny and 30 degrees.

View from the van....
View attachment 911469

Well, this should be everyone's view if we all parked in the marked bays. However, some entitled Frenchman made his own spot. So pan little to my right and instead of uninterrupted lake views we have.....

View attachment 911472

As I sit here with my cold Normandy cider it annoys me more and more. Maybe a few more bottles and I'll have a word. 😀
So what is he doing to harm you, you have got your view , in a couple of hours it will be dark and you won't see either.

OP
OP
VXman
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
So what is he doing to harm you, you have got your view , in a couple of hours it will be dark and you won't see either.

You probably can't envisage it from my description. The Aire has clearly marked spaces which would afford everyone a uninterrupted beautiful view. One tosser decides to park sideways across in front of everyone so he can't see any motorhomes but we all have to look at him. Yes if I look left I have a lovely view but he is in my peripheral vison all the time.

It's just selfish behaviour. I deplore selfish behaviour.....and it doesn't get dark until 11pm here. Plus....a few hours later it'll be breakfast.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
You probably can't envisage it from my description. The Aire has clearly marked spaces which would afford everyone a uninterrupted beautiful view. One tosser decides to park sideways across in front of everyone so he can't see any motorhomes but we all have to look at him. Yes if I look left I have a lovely view but he is in my peripheral vison all the time.

It's just selfish behaviour. I deplore selfish behaviour.
Sorry but from your photo it looks if there is only you and him there so who's view is he obstructing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 15, 2023
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4T
Exp
Feb 2023

It's just selfish behaviour. I deplore selfish behaviour.....and it doesn't get dark until 11pm here. Plus....a few hours later it'll be breakfast.
And buy the time you have a few more it will be twice as bad:drunk:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Give us a wider view so we can try and see your take on this, it doesnt look too bad so far

IMG_2510.png

OP
OP
VXman
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
Also just spotted it’s not free, they will be round for some money in the morning so he will be gone when you get up 🙂👍
No charge. There is a pay machine and barrier but not been used for at least 10 months as far as I can see from the reviews. I am sure there was a notice saying it was free.

OP
OP
VXman
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
Whoops

Last edited:
OP
OP
VXman
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
Give us a wider view so we can try and see your take on this, it doesnt look too bad so far

OK - let me step to the 2 empty spots to my left. (Weirdly the only empty spaces, I wonder why???)

This is what they would see. He is in the road!

IMG_20240618_204220.jpg

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.

Throw a few handful of breadcrumbs on his roof at 5 am, that will sort it🤷🏻‍♂️😇👀

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
Why not put a beret on and whack some 🧅 round your neck and park so close to him you can pass the salt.

Then get you chairs out and admire your washing out to dry.

Then empty your grey up hill of him

Remember to say au revoir when you leave though ..,. At 0500 hrs

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I suppose it's OK to park on a seafront road in front of somebody's house killing their view of the sea and then moan when their local council bans motorhome parking? :unsure:

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
You could always sneak over there in the dead of night with your face camouflaged and a tyre valve removal tool clamped between your teeth :giggle:

OP
OP
VXman
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
You could always sneak over there in the dead of night with your face camouflaged and a tyre valve removal tool clamped between your teeth :giggle:

They left this morning so lovely clear view now. Even more annoying that they were there though. Went to bed early and left early - what was the point?

Sep 26, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Broadway
Exp
Since 2013

View from the van....
View attachment 911469

View attachment 911472

There are quite a few people who encounter signage etc. and think to themselves 'that doesn't include me' 😔

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.

View from the van....
View attachment 911469

View attachment 911472

Are you sure he’s not English?🤣🤣

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back