Electrolux fridge 240v (1 Viewer)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I’ve been having a look at my Electrolux RM4401 fridge which is not working on 240V, I have power to the switch but it’s not working.
I‘ve disconnected the element ,240v 135watt and get a reading of 392 ohms, does this sound about right and if so points to the thermostat being faulty.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
did you check for 240v at the element, if no voltage , I believe there is a glass fuse on the circuit board

the Ohms sound about right

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
If there is no voltage at the element when you check , have a look at the mains on selector switch in case the problem is a faulty switch (I think it is a double pole switch )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
If there is no voltage at the element when you check , have a look at the mains on selector switch in case the problem is a faulty switch (I think it is a double pole switch )
I’ve got 240volts going to the thermostat but nothing coming out , I think

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Well today I fitted the electric thermostat which was faulty, cheap enough part and 240volt cooling Is working

But in refitting the thermostat wires/probes into the fins at the back of the fridge the one for gas broke, hardened with age, so anybody know how these probes work.
The fridge has been getting very frosty on the fins in fridge and it’s been known to freeze vegetables in the bottom of the fridge, so I wonder if it’s been faulty for a while.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Well today I fitted the electric thermostat which was faulty, cheap enough part and 240volt cooling Is working

But in refitting the thermostat wires/probes into the fins at the back of the fridge the one for gas broke, hardened with age, so anybody know how these probes work.
The fridge has been getting very frosty on the fins in fridge and it’s been known to freeze vegetables in the bottom of the fridge, so I wonder if it’s been faulty for a while.
Is it a probe with wires? Or a phial? Phials are capillary pipes and have a tiny bit of refrigerant in them, if they break, you hear it hiss for a few seconds while it escapes and the whole thermostat is scrap

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Is it a probe with wires? Or a phial? Phials are capillary pipes and have a tiny bit of refrigerant in them, if they break, you hear it hiss for a few seconds while it escapes and the whole thermostat is scrap
It would be Phial, didn’t hear any hiss, only me swearing.
If this was already faulty would the fridge still work on gas? Maybe running flat out

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
It would be Phial, didn’t hear any hiss, only me swearing.
If this was already faulty would the fridge still work on gas? Maybe running flat out
Normally a fridge will switch off if the thermostat phial breaks, all pressure is lost and the contacts open. They do corrode especially if it's rubbed on something 🤔

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Normally a fridge will switch off if the thermostat phial breaks, all pressure is lost and the contacts open. They do corrode especially if it's rubbed on something 🤔
Yes that’s what was wrong with my 240Volt side which I fixed but the gas phial is now broken and I’m hoping the fridge will still run on gas, even if flat out

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back