Electric step (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
Autotrail navajo
Hi we have a Autotrail frontier navajo with I think a onnistep that does not retract properly, so the alarm sounds while driving.
Is the adjustment to the step or switch.
Thank you.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I don't think you can adjust the limit switch. If you push it the final way after it's stopped does the alarm stop? If it's not retracting fully you may have teeth missing on the step motor gears, which is a common problem.

Jan 23, 2022
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift 686
Exp
Escaping since 2012
There is a setting you can change in the Sargent menu to do with the time for the step to retract. It's in the advanced settings called 'steptime'.

You can also try a bit of silicone spray on the joints.

Hoovie

Free Member
May 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Hi we have a Autotrail frontier navajo with I think a onnistep that does not retract properly, so the alarm sounds while driving.
Is the adjustment to the step or switch.
Thank you.
How old is the Navajo?
I had a step problem - the step would go out partly and stop. or in partly and stop. And the subsequent alarm as step not fully retracted.
All the suggestions and advice when looking for causes was that the problem was the motor. When I investigated, the issue was purely mechanical with one of the "hinge" bolts very stiff. Once sorted that (basically removing the nut and bolt, cleaning up the surface rust and reassembling) it is back to working right.

OP
OP
B
Feb 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
Autotrail navajo
It's a 2010 the step operates ok but does not fully retract, if I push it back the alarm stops but as soon as I release it and it drops back.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B
Feb 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
Autotrail navajo
I'll look at the steptime, I've sprayed the joints, it seems to works OK, just doesn't fully retract.

Hoovie

Free Member
May 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
It's a 2010 the step operates ok but does not fully retract, if I push it back the alarm stops but as soon as I release it and it drops back.
not being held, so something physically broken like gears I would guess.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.