Electric Front Screen Roller Blind (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Newton Abbot, UK
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
As always two steps forward and one back!

Removed, stripped and repainted bonnet lock mounting plates as they were rusting badly.

Rewired the reading lights over the cab seats and then replaced the light units themselves and all working again, at last.

Came to get the van out this morning and the front roller blind won’t go up on the motor so cranked it half way up manually to get it out onto the drive. Motor works to lower it but doesn’t work to lift it!

Any ideas anyone?

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
You seem to be having electric problems make me think it’s connected strange since you had it serviced?

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Newton Abbot, UK
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
The cab seat reading lights are an old problem which I have only just got around to fixing so should be unconnected.

Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
I would guess the motor works by receiving a pos & neg for one way and a neg & pos for the other way, therefore I would suspect the switch or wiring.

Geoff

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Newton Abbot, UK
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I would guess the motor works by receiving a pos & neg for one way and a neg & pos for the other way, therefore I would suspect the switch or wiring.

Geoff
The switch is in the bank to the right of the driver (R/H drive) and only one connection to the bottom of a Printed Circuit Board under that switch which rocks one way to raise and the other way to lower. I’ll have to see if I dare delve any further!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Newton Abbot, UK
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Had that bank of switches all apart today to clean and check. 2 printed circuit boards behind the switches so one must be faulty as cleaning the switches themselves made no difference!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back