electric bed (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 6, 2024
Funster No
MH
majestic 196
hi all,virgin member and virgin motorhome owner here,i have majestic 196 mh,that has electric bed in it,the other day i pressed button to put down without watching and bed went past where it would normally rest above seat headrest,but this time sfor some reason it just kept going down touching headrest and suddenlt tilted at one end that has the seatbelts,i stopped it with button and then tried to put up with control panel,but it would not budge,had to do it manually,but now it will come down with controller but wont go back up,any ideas,reading the forum,this is a bit of a nightmare problem with electric beds i believe,i was looking at new controller but they are £150,and also wondered if they had 2 motors? 1 for up and 1 for down,i know nothing as they say,thanks:giggle:

Feb 2, 2022
Hartland, Bideford, Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Ixeo 1744
Exp
I’m newbie
If you click search top right, type in electric bed and your see quite a few remark ref faults with electric beds , but there’s a few different types , so a picture / make etc .
It may help others to help you.
Some beds have a secrete reset button .
It may just need resetting,
Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful .

Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
If you click search top right, type in electric bed and your see quite a few remark ref faults with electric beds
I'm not sure that non-subscribers have the 'Search' button but here's a tip if the OP has access..........

Use the search format: electric+bed exactly like that - no spaces. By adding the symbol + you will/should get hits where both 'electric' AND 'bed' is mentioned rather than just electric OR bed of which there will be very many having nothing to do with your query.

Here's the result of using electric+bed..........

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
B
Jun 6, 2024
Funster No
MH
majestic 196
hello.a quick update on bed problem :giggle: have had chance to take a proper look and found that connector block which is under mattress had came apart,clicked back together and hey presto,its all working now,but the reason it came apart was because the sensor had parted ways with the metal vertical track enough to stop the sensor knowing when it was meant to stop on the block.the metal plate it attaches to,which in turn attaches to bed frame was all loose.an absolute nightmare to try and get fixed in thisposition,so i just jammed a piece of wood underneath it from under mattress and screwed down,its works a treat,and probably saved me hundreds of pounds by not getting the local mobile caravan engineer who was too busy anyway,booked until september,but he was very helpful,i am delighted to have got this sorted myself and turned out to be very easy:smiley::roflmto:

Upvote 0
Jun 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
burstner lyseo 590
Exp
March 2022
:clap: Well done and I we ever have this problem I’ll know what to do 😀

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 12, 2022
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Panorama
Exp
Since 2013
Reset needed. Make sure van sitting level and best on electric power. My programming is press R 5 times within 10secs then hold up arrow for 2 secs. Other manuafacturers my vary. Always make sure bed from top to bottom point are clear.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back