Funster No
MH
Just looking
Post checked
2 power leads checked
Sargent Power switches in correct position ie not tripped

Seems it must be something to do with my Autotrail Arapaho

Any ideas please welcome

Surviving fine on solar and lithium as in France but wondered if I am missing something e.g a fuse somewhere

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
Presumably you are checking via the mains sockets?

Any other mains circuits not working? Heater? Battery charger?

OP
OP
L
Sep 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Presumably you are checking via the mains sockets?

Any other mains circuits not working? Heater? Battery charger?
Many thanks for replying - when I plug the EHU lead in and then turn on the Sargent controller the yellow light on the box tuens on and the display above my hab door says Mains On……then soon after eg 30 mins it changes to Mains off and the yellow light on Sargent goes out.

As it seems intermittent I think my EHU inlet socket may be the problem but as it is tucked away annoyingly in a external skirt locker I can’t see how to get at it either form the inside or outside to check for a loose connection

May 19, 2018
Funster No
Check the power connection to the sargent unit. On my van the power from the hookup went in via a plug at the bottom of the sargent. I found it had worked loose and after driving on rough roads the ehu was intermittent. Pushed the connector in firmly and no more problems.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Disconnect and check wires to MH socket. Lots of vibration and bouncing along can loosen them

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
As it seems intermittent I think my EHU inlet socket may be the problem but as it is tucked away annoyingly in a external skirt locker I can’t see how to get at it either form the inside or outside to check for a loose connection
Can you post a picture of the inlet socket? I'm sure someone will know how to take it apart.

OP
OP
L
Sep 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Latest update - opened in let inlet socket and all wire neat and secure. Plugged EHU back in and Sargent box turned on and controller said on.

Stayed on for 30 mins or so and we went out for lunch to celebrate that for no particular reason it now stayed on Mains On. Got back two hours later and still on.

However then turned controller on with just power button and water pump on and it all turned off again

Seems therefore that turning controller with water pump on turn it off ( Sargent PSU switches don’t trip)

Everything working great on leisure batteries

OP
OP
L
Sep 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Latest update - opened in let inlet socket and all wire neat and secure. Plugged EHU back in and Sargent box turned on and controller said on.

Stayed on for 30 mins or so and we went out for lunch to celebrate that for no particular reason it now stayed on Mains On. Got back two hours later and still on.

However then turned controller on with just power button and water pump on and it all turned off again

Seems therefore that turning controller with water pump on turn it off ( Sargent PSU switches don’t trip)

Everything working great on leisure batteries
One final bit of info just in case relevant is I assumed that returning to the van and turning controller power on led to EHU turning off but the one other thing that I did was use the electric starter on the over to turn on a gas ring

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back