DVLA claim to have not received paperwork (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 5, 2019
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
Sent paperwork off at the beginning of last month for weight upgrade, to DVLA.

Nothing heard after 5 weeks, so contact them and there reply is "we have no record of receiving your application".

Funny how when they want money, they don't loose paperwork, but when it's a refund, they seem to loose paperwork very easily.

Not the first time it's happened to me, last time it was renewal of PCV, when somebody forgot to scan in my medical form and then inform me they need a medical form 13 weeks after medical was done (only valid for 3 months).

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
I always get proof of delivery with anything I send to the DVLA. I think our postal service is more likely to blame than the DVLA with Christmas cards turning up months late. For anything important I use this service because I get a picture of a signature confirming it arrived with them.

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
A grey one
Exp
since 1996
Sent paperwork off at the beginning of last month for weight upgrade, to DVLA.

Nothing heard after 5 weeks, so contact them and there reply is "we have no record of receiving your application".

Funny how when they want money, they don't loose paperwork, but when it's a refund, they seem to loose paperwork very easily.

Not the first time it's happened to me, last time it was renewal of PCV, when somebody forgot to scan in my medical form and then inform me they need a medical form 13 weeks after medical was done (only valid for 3 months).
I recently up plated our van and VWE said to ensure we sent the paperwork to DVLA so that someone has to sign for it. I got a message with a pic of the post guy actually handing it over and the name of the person. Sadly, its not uncommon for stuff to go missing there. Hope you get it sorted.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
It's got to be a royal mail issue? I recently sent a card to someone 60 miles away, 1st class, and it took 10 days to get there?

I now send everything recorded or tracked, but it might be that I'm a victim of a royal mail scam to try to get everyone to pay for their enhanced services, because their standard services are so $**t?

Upvote 0

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I always get proof of delivery with anything I send to the DVLA. I think our postal service is more likely to blame than the DVLA with Christmas cards turning up months late. For anything important I use this service because I get a picture of a signature confirming it arrived with them.
When Paula Vennells is back on the rounds you'll need Special Delivery Guaranteed to be safe. :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Mar 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590RL
I've had DVLA claim they haven't received something even though I had a signature, name, time and date.
It beggars belief how badly run it is.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back