Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 28, 2010
Wirral
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer 504
Exp
Since 1995
Can you get a motorhome through the gates into the car park. Looks tight at least. Staff didn't know but they thinks its OK.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I think you'll be ok depending on what motorhome you have, it is a bit tight but ok for most.
There is a nearby carpark on the trans Pennine trail that you could use, it's not large but usually space.
Be sure to approach from the north, the south approach has a narrow hump back bridge over the canal and a chicaine

https://w3w.co/formless.jeering.starfish

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
There used to be - several decades ago - an alternative (free) dirt car park you could use and access the park via a white stile ☺️

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
There used to be - several decades ago - an alternative (free) dirt car park you could use and access the park via a white stile ☺️
That was where my mum used to park when she took us to DM as kids.
Carpark no longer there sadly, the white stile over the gate is still there though 😃
A large part of the park grounds were off limits years ago to allow the deer some space.
That's no longer the case now, there is a very nice walk around the entire estate including the area that was off limits.
The deer are also very tame now and frequently wander close to the marked path.

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
That was where my mum used to park when she took us to DM as kids.
Carpark no longer there sadly, the white stile over the gate is still there though 😃
A large part of the park grounds were off limits years ago to allow the deer some space.
That's no longer the case now, there is a very nice walk around the entire estate including the area that was off limits.
The deer are also very tame now and frequently wander close to the marked path.
Yes, my parents parked there too when we used to go … it must have been in the late 70s/early 80s. Lots of memories.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Yes, my parents parked there too when we used to go … it must have been in the late 70s/early 80s. Lots of memories.
Late 60's early 70's for me, you're obviously a youngster 😃
Had many happy days there.
My sister moved to DM a few years ago so we regularly walk the canal from her house, loop through the park, past the Swan with two nicks, through the village and back to her house.

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Late 60's early 70's for me, you're obviously a youngster 😃
Had many happy days there.
My sister moved to DM a few years ago so we regularly walk the canal from her house, loop through the park, past the Swan with two nicks, through the village and back to her house.
Small world … I was brought up in Hale Barns, husband in Lymm

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back