Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Has anybody out there experienced these error messages? Problem relates to 2024 Ducato 140 with 9 speed auto. Intermittent problem started about 2k miles from new. Sometimes when I start the engine it will display 3 error messages on the dashboard: “Check power steering’, “Check airbag” & “check electronic handbrake”, always in that order. Therafter the messages will quickly disappear and simultaneously a clear “chunk” noise can be heard behind the dash. A red airbag earning light will also briefly illuminate. After that my van drives ok. However, I’m aware that others have experienced similar problems on nearly new vans. The same systems/warning messages are involved but the problem can be more severe e.g. loss of power assistance to steering and electronic handbrake doesn’t release. Mostly the problem can be cleared after several attempts at restarting the vehicle.
The van is booked into Fiat, but given the intermittent occurance and warning messages rather than red lights I’m concerned no faults will be logged.

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Has anybody out there experienced these error messages? Problem relates to 2024 Ducato 140 with 9 speed auto. Intermittent problem started about 2k miles from new. Sometimes when I start the engine it will display 3 error messages on the dashboard: “Check power steering’, “Check airbag” & “check electronic handbrake”, always in that order. Therafter the messages will quickly disappear and simultaneously a clear “chunk” noise can be heard behind the dash. A red airbag earning light will also briefly illuminate. After that my van drives ok. However, I’m aware that others have experienced similar problems on nearly new vans. The same systems/warning messages are involved but the problem can be more severe e.g. loss of power assistance to steering and electronic handbrake doesn’t release. Mostly the problem can be cleared after several attempts at restarting the vehicle.
The van is booked into Fiat, but given the intermittent occurance and warning messages rather than red lights I’m concerned no faults will be logged.
If as you say there are others with similar issues then hopefully Fiat will know what it is, even if they don’t say it’s a known issue!!

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Being a 2024 it will have BCM SGW ( a secure gateway that allows reading of data and error codes but not writing data or deleting codes) whether Multiecuscan or Alfaobd have been updated for 9 or 8 speed autos I don't know. does anyone have the knowledge?

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
A grey one
Exp
since 1996
Our dashboard lights up like a Christmas tree from time to time. Quite a discussion about it on the Adria Twin Facebook group. Some folk have had it looked at and rather than there actually being faults, apparently there seems to be issues with a wiring loom. Thats as much as I know. Ah I see you have a Twin! Only just spotted it. My be worth a look at the Facebook group, lots of good stuff being shared there.

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2022
North Cumbria.
Funster No
MH
Hobby Vantana
Exp
Since 2013
My 2022 Mk8 ADAS started to play up last year the moment I drove of the ferry at Hook of Holland. Every day something was in fault mode on the dash, some days everything at once. I left it until I was back in the UK (86 days later) before I was going to contact Fiat for a warranty booking, but the day I drove off the ferry at Portsmouth it stated to work fine - no error messages and has been fine ever since. I put it down to Brexit 😜......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
My 2022 Mk8 ADAS started to play up last year the moment I drove of the ferry at Hook of Holland. Every day something was in fault mode on the dash, some days everything at once. I left it until I was back in the UK (86 days later) before I was going to contact Fiat for a warranty booking, but the day I drove off the ferry at Portsmouth it stated to work fine - no error messages and has been fine ever since. I put it down to Brexit 😜......
It didn't like being on the wrong side of the road :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back