Ducato DAB radio (1 Viewer)

Apr 3, 2022
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr
Hi all - I've just had a Pioneer DAB radio fitted in my Ducato Bessecarr 425 - it's working beautifully and I'm very pleased with it except that it will only work on full ignition, so if I'm in a queue for instance and turn the engine off the radio is also off. Shouldn't the radio be connected so that it remains on at first ignition step on the key turn ? ( I don't know what that's called ) Any other's experience with this ? van is a 54 reg. Thanks

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I think it's because it is a non OEM radio , ie not Fiat... something to do with the ECU not recognising the Pioneer .. ?

why I suggest this, my daughter had a Pioneer fitted to her Ford KA with the same problem and when she asked about it the installer gave that answer ..

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
Working from memory there are two wires, red and yellow, one only supports the memories (Yello) the red is the live feed.
If you arrange to supply the red from a permanent 12v then it will stay on but you run the risk of flattening the starter battery as some of these radios do not have an on/off switch. Interestingly they draw about 2.5amps.
I fed my red via a blocking diode off a switch mounted in the roof of the glovebox so when its on it dosent then liven up al the ignition controlled circuits.
Hope this helps

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I wired mine to the habitation battery via a switch for the ign live and directly for the perm live.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It's been installed by someone who doesn't understand how Motorhomes are used. At least you won't get a flat starter battery, Pioneer's are famous for that, the draw a lot of current in standby.

With my head unit I connected the Red & Yellow together and wired them to a perminant live feed on my distribution unit so it's connect to the leisure battery. With a Pioneer it's important to fit an isolation switch inline with the main feed (red).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back