LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
Damn water pump gone on 2007 3.0 Ducato.
Set of yesterday all OK. 100 miles drive ok but as I pulled up on drive at home it sounded like bag of spanners. Lifted bonnet and it sounded like it was coming from timing chain end... nearly crapped myself thinking it was chain on way out.

A quick Google reassured me these engines were bullet proof as they are Iveco.
Got underneath today and removed the AC and water pump belts and noise has gone.
Water pump has enough play to make a nice rattle.
Spoke to fiat profession garage who quoted £1100+VAT for labour only. So realistically this is a £1500-1600 job at best from them.

I found an old thread from an Aussie guy who did it himself and Son in a out 8 hours...

The online manuali have says it's an emgine out job 😥

Has anyone had the water pump done on this model?

How much and did the engine need to come out?

Local garage I spoke to before i took belts off has said they would look at it and as long as its something like water pump they would do it but if its bigger they won't tie a ramp up for days. Now I'm 99.9% sure I'm hoping they will do it.

Any info from you guys would be greatly appreciated

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Right, I have a 3.0L Iveco Engine (says so on the back of the motorhome😁) and tbh if I had to have the engine out for a water pump I’d look into getting the chain done at the same time, pretty much like the 2.3 cambelt jobbies. Just a bit more insurance, I’m a bit risk averse like that👍😁😁

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Damn water pump gone on 2007 3.0 Ducato.
Set of yesterday all OK. 100 miles drive ok but as I pulled up on drive at home it sounded like bag of spanners. Lifted bonnet and it sounded like it was coming from timing chain end... nearly crapped myself thinking it was chain on way out.

A quick Google reassured me these engines were bullet proof as they are Iveco.
Got underneath today and removed the AC and water pump belts and noise has gone.
Water pump has enough play to make a nice rattle.
Spoke to fiat profession garage who quoted £1100+VAT for labour only. So realistically this is a £1500-1600 job at best from them.

I found an old thread from an Aussie guy who did it himself and Son in a out 8 hours...

The online manuali have says it's an emgine out job 😥

Has anyone had the water pump done on this model?

How much and did the engine need to come out?

Local garage I spoke to before i took belts off has said they would look at it and as long as its something like water pump they would do it but if its bigger they won't tie a ramp up for days. Now I'm 99.9% sure I'm hoping they will do it.

Any info from you guys would be greatly appreciated
I see @Tecno was on their replying

OP
OP
Spawn_e_git

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
I see @Tecno was on their replying
Yeah I thought it was the same. Not sure he was having water pump issues more alternator.
I'm just glad it's not timing chain related and knowing it can be done without engine out is encouraging.

Just wondered if anyone has recently done it or had it done.

I'm pretty good with spanners and I have time but it's not something I'll take on if I can get it done sub £1k

May 29, 2021
Kotka, Finland
Funster No
MH
Hymer Van
Haynes Pro seems to say 8.9 hours for water pump change on that thing. And that's for a new car where nothing is stuck and by someone who knows exactly what, in what order and with what tools to do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Spawn_e_git

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
Haynes Pro seems to say 8.9 hours for water pump change on that thing. And that's for a new car where nothing is stuck and by someone who knows exactly what, in what order and with what tools to do.
Yeah 9 hours at local garage rate of £60/hr so £540 labour + £200 approx for pump and belts keeps it below the grand threshold where I'd get the spanners out so hopeful for the result.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back