DPF temperatures, when does it happen (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Ive been using Multiecuscan for a while now and along with my monthly blast up and down M1 have been doing health checks. Taking reading of various PIDs under standard conditions. I came across a measurement that tells you when regen is occuring. Additional fuel is injected durring the exhaust cycle. I have never been able to tell when a regen is occuring normaly, this is obvious when you see the step in 1st graph this is 2 data sets stitched together (just pulled off motor way to layby stop recording save and start again (running on laptop battery). I only realised when i looked at data.
Engine A regeneration October 23.jpg

I suspect the 100% clogged number is not a real x grams of stuff and theres no more room but the limmit for passive regen. there will be higher clogging limmits that prevent forced regen.
Engine A Regeneration Taking place Oct 23.jpg

The temperatures on way up.
Engine A Oct 23 Typical DPF temps.jpg

I use the same route each time. home to layby junction 16 (warm up), blast (cruise 60-63) to 18 and back to 16 layby.
This is for info. I have shedloads of other data if you need to know what happens with a specific sensor. Sometimes you just dont know what or which relationships you should be looking at .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back