Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Thinking about downsizing from my Adria Matrix670sl to a panel van I know it's a big leap but want something smaller that will suit two people comfortably any recommended types , have looked at both sprinters and vw crafter vans don't know if dealer would do a swop not looking for new decent used would do me .

AndyB57

Free Member
Dec 11, 2016
North Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Consort Kite PVC
Exp
Since 2016
Any of the Consort range - we’ve just gone from an Adria Coral 670 SL to a Consort Kite (although we’re still waiting for it to be delivered due to the “chip shortage”!)

Hoovie

Free Member
May 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Thinking about downsizing from my Adria Matrix670sl to a panel van I know it's a big leap but want something smaller that will suit two people comfortably any recommended types , have looked at both sprinters and vw crafter vans don't know if dealer would do a swop not looking for new decent used would do me .
The biggest change I noticed when going the other way (from an LT/Sprinter to a Coachbuilt) was the width increase.
It was a bit of a extra pain to drive with the extra width but the living space it gave was significant - and you spend a lot more time in the living area than you do driving.
I don't know if I would go for a Sprinter or Crafter PVC as they are just about the narrowest large vans on the market, plus they close in a lot towards the roof. The Sevels (Boxer/Relay/Ducato) are notably wider AND straighter-sided.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
The biggest change I noticed when going the other way (from an LT/Sprinter to a Coachbuilt) was the width increase.
It was a bit of a extra pain to drive with the extra width but the living space it gave was significant - and you spend a lot more time in the living area than you do driving.
I don't know if I would go for a Sprinter or Crafter PVC as they are just about the narrowest large vans on the market, plus they close in a lot towards the roof. The Sevels (Boxer/Relay/Ducato) are notably wider AND straighter-sided.
We've gone from a 5.4m Ducato panel van to a 6m a-class. It feels several times larger inside. Mainly due to the width. VWs and Mercs are even narrower, so don't generally have transverse beds, so have even less standing space to play with.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
"Vantage Neo"............ (y)

Then I can flog you my tow bar/ball mounted 4 Bike rack... :wink::giggler:

DSC01931 (600 x 450).jpg
DSC01885 (600 x 450).jpg
DSC01884 (600 x 450).jpg

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
We used to have a Lunar Landstar on an automatic Mercedes Sprinter. Definitely the best van I've had from a driving prospective but a bit short on payload.

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Really like the Vantage Neo looks exactly the type of van I need