Sep

Rally Dorset Seaside Meet, Highlands End Campsite September 2024 - pitches sold out (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Something new at the Campsite - 18 hole foot golf course https://www.dorsetfootgolf.co.uk/ (£10 for adults & £6 for children) has replaced the pitch 'n' putt!

1716238070793.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Will be looking out for the new baby alpaca when we visit :inlove:

448338981_1010092047786666_2897753590207314395_n.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Good morning wombles is there any space on this rally please? 😊
Hi - good to hear that you wish to join us all - see the first post on this thread for how to book (direct with the campsite as carolyn kindly mentioned above) as hopefully there may still be some pitches available. Once booked if you can let us know here then we can add you to the "Booked List" so we know how many fellow Funsters to look out for :smiley: (y)

Aug 4, 2010
Potton, Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
I am about to pay my balance so presume this rally is still going ahead. This is the first time we have camped with y'all so presume when we arrive we mention we are with you or do we all get spread out across the site?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I am about to pay my balance so presume this rally is still going ahead. This is the first time we have camped with y'all so presume when we arrive we mention we are with you or do we all get spread out across the site?
Hi - this is a meet as booked direct with the campsite but with a group discount & usually some gatherings in the Martin's Bar beer garden or similar depending on the weather & space available - unlike rallies, even if we couldn't make it it would still go ahead. You will be sent all the details by the campsite about arrivals - having given your registration the barrier will open automatically from arrival time (no need to go to Reception unless you wish to) then follow the signs for the one way system past the statics to the touring campsite & pick whatever pitch is available of the type you have booked. We plan to be around on arrivals day to say hi, answer any questions & hand out Fun stickers, signs & small badges - I'll post our pitch number once we know what it is. It's a big campsite & for this one we don't have an allocated area so Funsters are spread around the campsite but usually not too far from each other :) I'll start a private Conversation (PM) for all those booked the week before so we can all connect & keep in touch when there as well as having this thread. Any more queries please just ask on here or by PM.
Map of layout & pitch types here https://wdlh.co.uk/holiday-parks/highlands-end/park-map/

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For those staying on at Highlands have a look at the free Heritage Open Days locally:
https://www.heritageopendays.org.uk/submission-event/bridport-town-hall.html from Friday 6 September onwards
https://www.heritageopendays.org.uk/submission-event/literary-and-scientific-institute-bridport.html Saturday 7 September (as well as Hat Festival 🤠)
https://www.heritageopendays.org.uk/submission-event/west-bay-discovery-centre.html Sunday 8 September

For the full range all over the UK https://www.heritageopendays.org.uk/whats-on.html
"Heritage Open Days is England's largest community led festival of history and culture, involving thousands of local volunteers and organisations. Every year in September it brings people together to celebrate their heritage, community and history. Stories are told, traditions explored, and histories brought to life. It’s your chance to see hidden places and try out new experiences – and it’s all FREE."

1724536568064.png

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
You pitch where you want which is not actually a bad thing. Most pitches are quite near anyway.

We were ambushed by a random pair of funsters recently…… 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
You pitch where you want which is not actually a bad thing. Most pitches are quite near anyway.

We were ambushed by a random pair of funsters recently…… 🤣🤣🤣
Ambush or a kidnapping once they are in your clutches there is no escaping your hospitality :beerchug::cheers:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
I'm having fun , checked my Highlands end account. They say the booking is cancelled.i have an email confirmation saying full balance paid.
Tried called all you get is a continouos ring then answer machine saying we are open 10 till 4 leave a message and we'll get back to you in 24 hours
Looks like someone's forgotten to turn the phones on :eek:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I'm having fun , checked my Highlands end account. They say the booking is cancelled.i have an email confirmation saying full balance paid.
Tried called all you get is a continouos ring then answer machine saying we are open 10 till 4 leave a message and we'll get back to you in 24 hours
Looks like someone's forgotten to turn the phones on :eek:
The Booking Office is likely to be weekday office hours & guess everyone else is a bit busy today on the Campsite with it being August Bank Holiday weekend probably their busiest time of the year! Sure it can be sorted from Tuesday onwards but suggest emailing in the meantime as that may speed getting it sorted.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
The Booking Office is likely to be weekday office hours & guess everyone else is a bit busy today on the Campsite with it being August Bank Holiday weekend probably their busiest time of the year! Sure it can be sorted from Tuesday onwards but suggest emailing in the meantime as that may speed getting it sorted.
Unfortunately I have other things on next week I don't know why I checked. Yes I do fridge issues so came home early
I'm not worried they have my money I have a booking confirmation .I'm sure it can be sorted on arrival.
They say they are open 10 -4 and give a phone number. It seems a recent practice with a number of organisations give a number then be asked to leave a message or send an email and we will get back to you in 24hrs.
Even the works IT emergency number does it. Its very frustrating if I wanted to send an email that I won't be accessing for a number of days I would not be calling :rofl:
24 hour 7 day a week service industry seems to be a dieing industry
On the radio yesterday they were saying Sunday opening for large stores was in legalised 1994. How expectations have changed. Its only 30 years since you couldn't by fresh bread on a Sunday :eek:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
UPDATE: grass pitches are sold out & just a few gravel & hardstanding left to book so be quick if you do wish to join us all!
If anyone has booked but hasn't let us know yet then please do :hi:
Looking at the weather forecast for that area next week it's all :sun::sun::sun::sun::sun::sun:
:dance2::Grin:

Last edited:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
UPDATE: grass pitches are sold out & just a few gravel & hardstanding left to book so be quick if you do wish to join us all!
If anyone has booked but hasn't let us know yet then please do :hi:
Looking at the weather forecast for that area next week it's all :sun::sun::sun::sun::sun::sun:
:dance2::Grin:
Funny just mentioned to a friend I hope there is sunshine after a hit and miss weekend over the bankholiday.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
With under a week to go I'll start the private Conversation for all those booked soon but please PM any queries anytime too :active:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
With under a week to go I'll start the private Conversation for all those booked soon but please PM any queries anytime too :active:
Hi MikenPauline Bevlar Grocklets Springy Nanniemate FRANKIE58 Littlewheels GrahamnSue CherylnMick Clive and Kerri Tony Park. Petehvan Ray1075 KandK you should all now have a PM :active:

LaikaLikers - your settings don't allow you to be added to Conversations - please enable this & let me know if you want to be added to the private group Conversation for this meet.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
HI is that the pm one as I'm getting that ?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
HI is that the pm one as I'm getting that ?
Hi - just one private group Conversation (PM) entitled "Highlands End Campsite Meet 2024 Group Chat" which you should have in your Mail Inbox (y) I can add more Funsters to it as & when necessary.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For those coming - look out for the check-in email from the Campsite which should arrive tomorrow - it has useful information too including how to pitch (y)
The Campsite is full for our Meet dates so only chance of booking late now is if there are cancellations.

Jul 13, 2023
Full Time Motorhoming
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Retired and full timing
@LaikaLikers - your settings don't allow you to be added to Conversations - please enable this & let me know if you want to be added to the private group Conversation for this meet
So sorry for the delay. I've tried enabling every option so hopefully we can be added in? Thank you 🤞

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
So sorry for the delay. I've tried enabling every option so hopefully we can be added in? Thank you 🤞
No worries - added you to the group Conversation now - just didn't want you to miss out on any useful info.

Sep 28, 2019
Newbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Pamplona
Exp
Since 2018
Hope this is allowed Wombles. We have a few items for sale. Will bring them along if anyone is interested.
IMG_1931.jpeg
IMG_1932.jpeg
IMG_1933.jpeg
IMG_1935.jpeg
IMG_1930.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries