Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Anyone know where I can get one of these door handle / lock from .I will try and get it done under warranty but not sure I can afford to wait that long lol

Only Part number I can see is PA6GF30 I think they are made by Hartal

The opening bolt has snapped see picture 3

Thankyou in advance

IMG_1213.JPG
IMG_1214.JPG
IMG_1217.JPG

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
If it’s anything like trying to source other Hartal parts, the only option is a new door!!! That’s what I was advised when I needed a part, but luckily I found a replacement via a caravan breakers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Have you tried Go European?
When the outside part on the door lock failed on ours they had the part in stock and fitted it while we waited.

Richard.

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Have you tried Go European?
When the outside part on the door lock failed on ours they had the part in stock and fitted it while we waited.

Richard.

I give up with Go European Richard they never return phone calls or e:mails complete waste of space Im still waiting for them to do the warranty work
Contacted Chris at reliance hoping he gets back to me today but I need it fixing asap cant lock door

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Suggest you email Chris Davies (parts manager) at chris@reliancecms.uk with pics.

Reliance near Chichester are now approved by Carthago so should have access to their database.

Edit: beaten by Zepp !!!

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Suggest you email Chris Davies (parts manager) at chris@reliancecms.uk with pics.

Reliance near Chichester are now approved by Carthago so should have access to their database.

Edit: beaten by Zepp !!!

Im a big fan of Chris he was my first port of call , waiting for him to get back to me , If anyone new where I could order one from I was going to get it and fit myself .

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Yes, Chris used to be very helpful when he was at his previous employer.
He used to post and help people a lot on that other forum that shall remain nameless. :)

Richard.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Yes, Chris used to be very helpful when he was at his previous employer.
He used to post and help people a lot on that other forum that shall remain nameless. :)

Richard.

He still is very helpful. I emailed him recently, Sunday night, and internal cabinet lock arrived Tuesday morning. How's that for service :D

He sourced it from Nova Leisure, a supplier not accessible to the general public.

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Quick update Chris got back to me and he is going to order one for me, it might be 3 to 4 weeks but its a start .He has put it through Carthago Warranty .

I will keep looking and buy one if I get a chance as I don't have any faith in the Carthago warranty ( been waiting a year for blinds )

Temp fix 117k for a motorhome and I have to use a set of allen keys for a handle , you have to laugh or you would cry welcome to the motorhome world.

IMG_1228.JPG

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Im a big fan of Chris he was my first port of call , waiting for him to get back to me , If anyone new where I could order one from I was going to get it and fit myself .
Can’t your supplying dealer send you one to fit yourself ?

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Can’t your supplying dealer send you one to fit yourself ?

Ho Robert

I gave up with GMC they are a complete waste of time they don't reply to calls or e:mails , Chris at reliance has started a warranty claim for me. I may have a contact in Germany I will buy one if the warranty claim drags on .

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Ho Robert

I gave up with GMC they are a complete waste of time they don't reply to calls or e:mails , Chris at reliance has started a warranty claim for me. I may have a contact in Germany I will buy one if the warranty claim drags on .
Hopefully it’s a stock item for the dealer and doesn’t have to come from Germany

Think we had the same issue with our Carthago. Could only open the hab door from one side

OP
OP
Zepp

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Hopefully it’s a stock item for the dealer and doesn’t have to come from Germany

Think we had the same issue with our Carthago. Could only open the hab door from one side

Hope so Robert but I contacted 3 dealers today at 9am only Chris came back to me

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i would try gluing it then reinforce the repair with 2 part epoxy putty

GJP

Dec 28, 2017
Funster No
Quick update Chris got back to me and he is going to order one for me, it might be 3 to 4 weeks but its a start .He has put it through Carthago Warranty .

I will keep looking and buy one if I get a chance as I don't have any faith in the Carthago warranty ( been waiting a year for blinds )

Temp fix 117k for a motorhome and I have to use a set of allen keys for a handle , you have to laugh or you would cry welcome to the motorhome world.

View attachment 291008
Hi,
I currently have a problem with opening the hab door from inside, can I ask what happened with yours in this post please?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Hi,
I currently have a problem with opening the hab door from inside, can I ask what happened with yours in this post please?
Sadly Zepp is no longer a subscribing member, so can't reply. The plastic inside the mechanism clearly snapped, so a replacement was the only solution. It does seem ridiculous to put that much stress on a plastic pin, even though it is reinforced with webs.

If it were mine and with nothing to lose, I would cut away the broken part and weld in a metal rod to recreate the pin. With the advice from another member, I recently rebuilt a snapped pin on my outer handle, using a small bolt. So it is now stronger than the OEM part. Sometimes you have to think outside the box as it were and solve the issue that the manufacturer failed to do

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Sometimes you have to think outside the box as it were and solve the issue that the manufacturer failed to do
Yep, like the crap plastic door hinges on Hymer's they want £120 each for a pile of poo. I had a batch of stainless steels ones made at a fifth of that cost and supplied other Funsters with them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back