Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Our above model fridge has slowly declined in cooling when on gas during last 3-4 weeks. Fridge declined first but freezer held up for a while then also declined. Both are fine on EHU. I do not know about from engine because this island is so small that after 8km one is in the sea.

I know the burner needs cleaning periodically, but the Dometic manual only says that and gives no instructions.

I have had both vents off but cannot identify the burner and the manual has no diagrams nor pictures.

I have tried a Google search and one on MHFun but have found nothing.

Where is the burner please? Is access easy, do I have to dismantle stuff?

If it is not the burner, what else?

TIA.

Geoff

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Take off the bottom external grill and take a photo. Post that on here and you will get a better answer.

But, most are bottom right hand side as you look through the bottom grill

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Our small Dometic 3 way fridge (RM 8550) has never been brilliant on gas. I've had various people service it wirh moderate success. Earlier this month when looking for someone to look at it. I come across Dometic service at Tewkesbury, Thinking if the manufacturer can't fix it no one can. They quoted a reasonable price £150 to £200 depending on if the thermocouple needed replacing.
In less than an hour he reported the burner was damaged , shield not fixed and some screws missing.
He fitted newburner and jet, cost £103.
Drove home put empty fridge on gas over night. Check temperature in the morning. Minus 19.2 in the freezer compartment, Plus 1.4 in the main body of the fridge, i am well pleased.
Been on a THS for a week fridge doing what its meant to do.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hi Geoff, if you take the bottom grill off, with the fridge on gas you will see the burner, you undo the pipe and it should have a shine cap with a very small hole on the end of it, good first step is to blow through both bits and brush the soot of it.

Amazon product ASIN B00CZPABPM
Also as Phil says clean the flue, you ve probably got a pipe behind the top grille that will have a baffle hanging in it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
T-shirt bottom right behind a shinysteel wind break you only need to loosen the screw to unhook the shield the Turner fixes to the base of the flu with a small set screw
When you remove the screw the burner will pull down away from the flu often the cup of the burner will be full of rust flakes and simply shaking and blowing this away is enough to restore it

• Informative
Reactions: f6c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back