Dometic NRX130 Help Required

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
05 Pilote Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2000
Hi everyone

I have just installed a Dometic NRX130. I accidentally held down the cooling level setting button and not the ON/OFF button to switch it off. The 5 cooling level LEDs started to flash and with each press of the cooling level setting button, they moved up or down, but still flashing.

The fridge now seems much colder than before.

Anyone know what I may have done please? I can't find a mention of this function anywhere in the manual.

Thanks

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Can you disconnect the battery so the fridge resets?

OP
OP
chalkstorm
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
05 Pilote Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2000
Hi
Dometic won't deal with me directly and the dealer doesn't know but suggested holding the on/off and power level button together as a reset. I did that and it did appear to do something, but the truth is. without knowing what it is supposed to be set to, or how to actually reset it, who knows. Even if I disconnect the battery and restart it all, I still wouldn't know what it should be set at so couldn't tell if it had reset.
I'm pretty sure there are 5 main cooling levels, but then you've got 9 or 10 "sub levels" for each of the 5. Bit like a bike with 3 chainrings up front (the main cooling levels) and a 10 speed cassette on the back.
Very odd.
Thanks
Si

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chalkstorm
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
05 Pilote Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2000
Presume this is by phone?

Domestic have a "Contact Us" page, worth a try submitting issue, it would seem odd having contact us if they would only reply "can't deal with customers direct"..
I called the retailer. They did say to call back if this didn't work and I have not yet - they need to speak to Dometic.

The "contact us" page request has been ignored, and emailing them directly simply had this response..

"Hi, Please contact your local retailer in your country for help. Med vänlig hälsning/ Mit freundlichen Grüßen/ Best Regards"

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Last edited:
Reactions: Aji
OP
OP
chalkstorm
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
05 Pilote Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2000
Do you mean the NRX 1130 (not 130)?

If so, do you have a manual? I've looked at the manual (page 15) which seems pretty clear to me on selecting the appropriate operation mode and associated cooling levels. Which 'Operation Mode' does the display show now?

Manual here........

Er, no - NRX 130.

As per my original message and video shows, the settings I have found is not in the manual or to be found online anywhere. It might be pretty clear for a different fridge. Of course I have the manual (you really didn't read my message did you).

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Er, no - NRX 130.

As per my original message and video shows, the settings I have found is not in the manual or to be found online anywhere. It might be pretty clear for a different fridge. Of course I have the manual (you really didn't read my message did you).
Steady on mate, you wont get favourable replies like that.
I would suggest contacting your retailer or werever you bought it from.
Is it actually working?

OP
OP
chalkstorm
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
05 Pilote Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2000
Steady on mate, you wont get favourable replies like that.
I would suggest contacting your retailer or werever you bought it from.
Is it actually working?
I think it was the daft reply suggesting I'd got the wrong model, that the instructions were clear and then asking if I'd read the manual... That triggered my response!
Yes it's working, but, well, as per everything above. A hidden setting I've changed that isn't documented... Not sure what it does other than my assumptions.
I'll push back to the retailer and report back eventually in case someone else stumbles upon it.

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
It seems looking at the video that you are increasing or decreasing the cooling settings when you press the button. When you take your finger off the button it sets the temperature.

Just had a quick look at the manual and it's as I thought the button you are pressing is the cooling level setting button. The LEDs obviously flash to show you what the setting is. Take finger off button and it will set at this level.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chalkstorm
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
05 Pilote Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2000
It seems looking at the video that you are increasing or decreasing the cooling settings when you press the button. When you take your finger off the button it sets the temperature.

Just had a quick look at the manual and it's as I thought the button you are pressing is the cooling level setting button. The LEDs obviously flash to show you what the setting is. Take finger off button and it will set at this level.
That is how the cooling settings work but by pressing the and holding the level buttons, it's opened up 9 separate sub levels (there are only 5). It's a different setting to that described in the manual.

OP
OP
chalkstorm
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
05 Pilote Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2000
I think the only people that would understand this are owners of the same fridge who either stumble upon it or actively try this. The manual and power level settings are clear and work (and the LEDs do not flash). This is a separate levels setting just not documented. I've tried setting the power at level 3 (as per manual, which is a simple press of the level selector button) and then by accessing the sub menu (pressing and HOLDING the power level button for 2+ seconds), depending on what number of flashing LEDs I select, the temperate range in level 3 can fluctuate significantly (I've seen minus 1 and 5 degrees held).

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
VW T5
Hi, I have just done exactly the same on my new NRX50 fridge and exactly the same thing happened to me hence why I started searching Google for answers and found this thread. It’s crazy that there is no mention of this function or setting in the manual, but there isn’t. The manual is pretty crap to be honest and doesn’t cover quite a few things about the fridge!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
VW T5
Did you
I think the only people that would understand this are owners of the same fridge who either stumble upon it or actively try this. The manual and power level settings are clear and work (and the LEDs do not flash). This is a separate levels setting just not documented. I've tried setting the power at level 3 (as per manual, which is a simple press of the level selector button) and then by accessing the sub menu (pressing and HOLDING the power level button for 2+ seconds), depending on what number of flashing LEDs I select, the temperate range in level 3 can fluctuate significantly (I've seen minus 1 and 5 degrees held).
did you make any progress on what this function is and how to use/reset it?

OP
OP
chalkstorm
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
05 Pilote Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2000
Did you

did you make any progress on what this function is and how to use/reset it?
Thanks - I began to think I was going mad despite being 100% sure this was a hidden menu and was equally sure others would do the same (easy to press the wrong button until you're used to the layout). I didn't go back to the dealer - it was just painful and I'm short of time.... The issue with a reset is you need to know what the reset position it - and I don't - so despite leaving the fuse out for 7 days between uses, I still don't know if that hidden menu has reset.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back