DOMETIC fridge control panel (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 9, 2024
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache 632
Does anyone know if you can repair the fridge control panel. We are having trouble switching the fridge on and off. Thanks

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Does anyone know if you can repair the fridge control panel. We are having trouble switching the fridge on and off. Thanks
The little pcb switches sometimes fail and can usually be replaced quite easily.

Feb 28, 2023
Newcastle-under-Lyme, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
I'm a relative Newbie
I have just had a similar problem and ended up buying a replacement PCB from Apuljackelectronics. Great service, you order on line, cost £160 all in. However before you do that do a simple test. When I fitted the new PCB and powered up the RMD8555, nothing happened ! Panic! I then took the bottom grille off and removed the Master PCB cover and checked all the connection to it. This had a result and some life came into the panel. The ribbon being the supply to it I disconnected the ribbon plug at the Main PCB and looked inside the connector. There was evidence of green Verdigris, so obviously moisture over the years had caused oxidisation. I cleaned it up and the board contacts and applied WD40, reconnected and he presto the control panel was fully working. I am glad I replaced the PCB because many have found this suspect and is no longer available from Dometic, however I will always wonder if the slight oxidisation may have been the actual problem.
As is often said, One can overreact and fear the worst when all the time it can be the simplest of things.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
I have just had a similar problem and ended up buying a replacement PCB from Apuljackelectronics. Great service, you order on line, cost £160 all in. However before you do that do a simple test. When I fitted the new PCB and powered up the RMD8555, nothing happened ! Panic! I then took the bottom grille off and removed the Master PCB cover and checked all the connection to it. This had a result and some life came into the panel. The ribbon being the supply to it I disconnected the ribbon plug at the Main PCB and looked inside the connector. There was evidence of green Verdigris, so obviously moisture over the years had caused oxidisation. I cleaned it up and the board contacts and applied WD40, reconnected and he presto the control panel was fully working. I am glad I replaced the PCB because many have found this suspect and is no longer available from Dometic, however I will always wonder if the slight oxidisation may have been the actual problem.
As is often said, One can overreact and fear the worst when all the time it can be the simplest of things.
While you are on the rear power board it would be worth your time cleaning up each set of edge contact as they all will have varying amounts of oxidisation and will lead to intermittant faults especially the two for 240v. Mine obvs had an issue for a long time before i bought it as the 240 board ribbon had arked away.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back