Do you have a Samsung Android device running Versions 11,12 or 13. Read this please. (1 Viewer)

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Interesting, but largely useless article..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie

:rofl: Harsh but fairly accurate. All my info in the follow up posts were directly from hyperlinks described in the article.

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Useless how? It is notifying you of an issue you should be aware of.
It is not at fault that there is currently little if any information as to the mitigation.

It provides links to sources of such information where it will appear when available.

I was simply letting people know to be aware of this.

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
PS: This is information you should be aware of even if you cannot currently take any mitigating action as it may allow you to ajdust your behaviour to mitigate the risks.
For instance deleting banking apps etc until there is a fix.

So even if an article doesn't spoon feed you the solution, it doesn't mean it is largely useless especially in the security industry.

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
What i found more interesting from the article was

Last week, CISA also added seven vulnerabilities to the KEV catalog, the oldest of which is a 13-year-old bug impacting Linux (CVE-2010-3904) that allows an unprivileged local attacker can escalate their privileges to root.
Not sure why those would be of interest as they have all been patched. Only people running old, badly supported hardware should be affected by any of those?

That CVE you mention only affect linux kernels up to 2.6.36

To give you some idea of an active Kernel version. I am on V5.4.0 and that CVE only affects up to version V2.6.36

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Not sure why those would be of interest as they have all been patched. Only people running old, badly supported hardware should be affected by any of those?

That CVE you mention only affect linux kernels up to 2.6.36

To give you some idea of an active Kernel version. I am on V5.4.0 and that CVE only affects up to version V2.6.36
Yes interesting that just aded when so old.
Ps i find these snippets useful/interesting, not all remarks are snipping, no need to get so defensive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Yes interesting that just aded when so old.
Ps i find these snippets useful/interesting, not all remarks are snipping, no need to get so defensive.
You misread the tone of my response. The first line was a question. The last line was explaining why I asked the question.
I was not being defensive, I was asking a question.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back