Do motorhime hire companies allow overnight wild camping/parking in the T&C's AKA the moho battle of Skye! (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
carado
Exp
Just returning from the battle for motorhome space on Skye, what a beautiful place. Unusually for me I did not wild camp at all, as I felt it was already overcrowded with mohos in mid september! I did see a lot of particularly "Indie" company hire campers overnight wild camping though. Some directly contrary to overnighting rules at the Old Man of Storr moho layby, for example, worse still Mrs Mohobot had to ask one to switch off their gray water which was running down the road.
I wondered if wild camping was OK within the T&C's of hire hirers?

Currently Staying with some locals on their property, the locals are fed up with the volume of mohos around & currently & as I understand it a consultiaton is underway about pressure of tourism in the area, which is clearly unsustainable with the current infrastructure. We took a car trip to Plockton & met a convoy of 3, 8 meter French vans trying to get down the single track road to there....no wonder the locals are peed off!

On my trip I met a Polish woman in a hire moho who asked me how the cassette worked, she explained, she had never driven a large moho before, never driven on the left hand side of the road before & I expect had never driven on single track roads like those on Skye!! Is it fair & wise to allow this situation to occurr & continue?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back