Disorganised Dealers - Here's An Example For You (1 Viewer)

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
We all know how some MoHo dealers can occasionally drop the ball but here's a real bad example as recently posted on the C&MC Forum.

A guy orders his new van from the NEC MoHo show in Oct-18 and is subsequently given a March-19 delivery slot by the supplying dealer.

At the end of Feb-19 he is then given a confirmed date in March for collection.

On 'collection day, minus one', he washes and polishes his own van ready for the van exchange the next day.

He quickly phones the dealer to ask what time is best for their handover schedule only to be told that.............

..........the van is still being built in France and it may take a while longer to finish as the converter is still waiting on parts.

I don't know about you guys but I would be well pee'd off if that happened to me.

(Van type: Chausson Titanium)

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson 627GA
Exp
Same happened with our Chausson last year - didn't turn up until beginning of June!

Not a massive problem as we had old van but annoying all the same!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I smell a rat ... maybe the 'dealer' has sold the van when it came in to someone with ready cash ... suspicious ... moi? :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I smell a rat ... maybe the 'dealer' has sold the van when it came in to someone with ready cash ... suspicious ... moi? :D
Now, how could you think like that? Surely it has never happened before........... :whistle2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back