Dieppe to Spain in February (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 17, 2024
Funster No
MH
Benimar
Hi all,

We are planning to go to Southern Spain in February via the Newhaven / Dieppe crossing for around 6 weeks with our chilled out pooch, any recommendations for the best routes and POI enroute?

Many thanks

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
:welco:
We always go via Dieppe (we live 20miles from Newhaven)
Prefer to go down through France on the A20, hate the N10 too many trucks, we don't do toll roads.
Done it a few times in Feb have a look at my travel threads, links in my signature.

• Nice One!
Reactions: f6c

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
We going January but on chunnel. Likely the somport and maybe bielsa tunnels will still be shut so it's going to be western route for us and cross at Irun.

Rollingwheels

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2021
Fordingbridge, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2002
We travel this route and generally head for Clermont Ferrand then on to Millau, Montpellier and then Gruissan, it is some toll roads but we pull off these for stops overnight in some lovely villages and it is quick to get through France that time of year as it can be cold and wet, once you are into Spain it always seems to have a brighter sky, I have noted Lennys route and we will have a look, one of the problems with the minor roads in France are the roundabouts every few miles.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rollingwheels

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2021
Fordingbridge, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2002
:welco:
We always go via Dieppe (we live 20miles from Newhaven)
Prefer to go down through France on the A20, hate the N10 too many trucks, we don't do toll roads.
Done it a few times in Feb have a look at my travel threads, links in my signature.
Just had a Quick Look at this route Lenny, generally how long does it take to get to Spain from Dieppe, and are the a lot of roundabouts? Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back