May 5, 2022
Kidsgrove, North Staffordshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B778 PL
Exp
Since 1992
Hello all.
I have a daytime running light bulb gone which I wish to replace. The is on an A class Hymer which the "bonnet" slides down. I have access to the bulb holders nearest the engine and the main headlight lump. The build a need to replace is the far side of the main headlight lump and my arm will not articulate enough to get to the holder. I have tried from underneath but the inner wheel arch is in the way. I am now considering removing the headlight unit as a whole. All I can see are 3 bolts holding it on the top edge ( marked in red). Are there any nightmares to avoid? The green blub is the build I need to replace.
20230422_153946~2.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Also you will probably find the bulb holder is badly burned they overheat, best to replace them with LED's no problem with Bulb failure as the DRL's are not on the CANBUS circuit.

OP
OP
Verteuil Man
May 5, 2022
Kidsgrove, North Staffordshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B778 PL
Exp
Since 1992
At the bottom there is a semi circle chrome piece of plastic that flips off from a rectangular piece of black plastic with holes in it for the chrome bit to clip into. Does that assembly have anything to do with holding the light in?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I can only just manage to it when I had my hymer, if you take the headlights out when you put them back make sure the glass front isn’t touching any bodywork around them…😎

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
At the bottom there is a semi circle chrome piece of plastic that flips off from a rectangular piece of black plastic with holes in it for the chrome bit to clip into. Does that assembly have anything to do with holding the light in?
As far as I can remember, behind the chrome area there is a stalk that locates into a rubber bung. It’s the three visible bolts that hold the unit in place. I recall the top and bottom bolts are tight with the centre one providing the tension.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back