Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 22, 2019
Falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote p650
Exp
3 years
Hi all forced into concrete hedge by a lorry on a b road to tummel Loch. Gaffered up. My issue is van is a pilote 2006. Warden on site said they may write it off??!!. Should I just get it fixed upright panel and one along would need replacing( if they can get any? I do not know what to do?
Any suggestions would be grateful
Regards
Sue

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Sue coulson Can't help with repair suggestions near you. However
Our first new van, forgot I was in Spain and turned wrong way onto a campsite, took the whole back bumper off, fortunately lights not affected we were in the first week of a trip away. the gafffer tape held it on for 8 weeks and we had a great trip. so carry on and have a wonderful time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2017
Maidstone
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
20 years
Have a look at the repair I had done on my Swift Bolero . It’s on a post I made titled.

Williams Motorhomes, Amazing repair.​

Highly recommend these guys , great job and a very good price.

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Whenever there is the slightest chance of a potential bump, I always try to stop even though I may have right of way etc. but even then it might not prevent a a collision and how could you prove you weren't moving at the time (dash cam perhaps?) ... So it's not a foolproof method.

As regards the OP's situation I agree the first thing you should try to do is not to worry, everything can be repaired, though people tend to take longer if repairs are possible!

Lots and lots of options for repairs and recommendations are usually your best option.

Upvote 0

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Are the insurance involved at all? If not think very carefully before saying anything to them. I think the first thing is to post some photos and maybe email someone like Cannock resprays to see if they could give a ballpark figure for a repair
If you do not intend to report the incident to your insurers be very careful what you post on any forum. In particular do not post your registration.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back