Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 22, 2019
Falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote p650
Exp
3 years
Hi all forced into concrete hedge by a lorry on a b road to tummel Loch. Gaffered up. My issue is van is a pilote 2006. Warden on site said they may write it off??!!. Should I just get it fixed upright panel and one along would need replacing( if they can get any? I do not know what to do?
Any suggestions would be grateful
Regards
Sue

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
As long as it's driveable it will be repairable. You're probably feeling a bit panicky just now, understandable after a mishap, so just take a deep breath (and maybe a libation of choice - you're parked up safely) and calm down a bit.

There's plenty of help and advice available on the forum so when you've got your mind straight take a few photos and post so that the experts can make suggestions (to mend the motorhome, idiots!).

Meanwhile, I don't think that comment about write-off is very helpful. Maybe there's a Funster nearby who can offer a bit of encouragement and support. Anyone?

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Are the insurance involved at all? If not think very carefully before saying anything to them. I think the first thing is to post some photos and maybe email someone like Cannock resprays to see if they could give a ballpark figure for a repair

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sue coulson
May 22, 2019
Falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote p650
Exp
3 years
Photos would help us to
Warden taped it up for me no damage inside thou

20240710_133122.jpg

20240710_133117.jpg

20240710_133107.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Doesn't look too bad, new sill may not be available but fixable by a decent body shop, panel can be dressed out and filled.

WESTY66 is having some work done by DMR, price was very reasonable. I think they are in Yourshire but worth travelling to get a decent job at the right price.

Upvote 0
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
My Eribacar was hit in the side damaging the plastc rear wheel arch surround.

Van was nearly 30 years old.

I took the undamaged one from the other side and used it as a pattern.

You wouldn't know it had been replaced.

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
No put pics up but warden gaffer taped to stop rain from getting in
As Lenny HB said, it doesn't look too bad.
When I had my Coach company, we used to do body panel repairs work ourselves so, if there are any Coach companies in your area, it might be worth having a word with them although they will probably be busy right now? Good Luck! đź‘Ť

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sue coulson
May 22, 2019
Falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote p650
Exp
3 years
Doesn't look too bad, new sill may not be available but fixable by a decent body shop, panel can be dressed out and filled.

WESTY66 is having some work done by DMR, price was very reasonable. I think they are in Yourshire but worth travelling to get a decent job at the right price.
The upright will need replacing? I'm travelling till sept then backhome to Cornwall. Can anyone reccomend anyone localish to me?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sue coulson
May 22, 2019
Falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote p650
Exp
3 years
As Lenny HB said, it doesn't look too bad.
When I had my Coach company, we used to do body panel repairs work ourselves so, if there are any Coach companies in your area, it might be worth having a word with them although they will probably be busy right now? Good Luck! đź‘Ť
Oh hadn't thought of goin to panel beaters thank you

Upvote 0
Jan 6, 2024
Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Warwick XL MQ
Exp
Since 1986
Sue,

We used to live down in Cornwall (Downderry). About 5 years ago our previous motorhome (A class Laika) had a slight disagreement with a toll booth railing in Portugal.

When we got home I took it to Auto Art at Newton Abbot.
01626 365222

They do a lot of work with plastic and fibreglass, and did a brilliant job of repair and spraying. You would never know any work had been done. They were very reasonable too.

I dealt with a chap called Richard. Worth giving them a ring first if you are interested.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sue coulson
May 22, 2019
Falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote p650
Exp
3 years
Sue,

We used to live down in Cornwall (Downderry). About 5 years ago our previous motorhome (A class Laika) had a slight disagreement with a toll booth railing in Portugal.

When we got home I took it to Auto Art at Newton Abbot.
01626 365222

They do a lot of work with plastic and fibreglass, and did a brilliant job of repair and spraying. You would never know any work had been done. They were very reasonable too.

I dealt with a chap called Richard. Worth giving them a ring first if you are interested.

Hope this helps.
Brilliant thank you

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1962
Are the insurance involved at all? If not think very carefully before saying anything to them. I think the first thing is to post some photos and maybe email someone like Cannock resprays to see if they could give a ballpark figure for a repair
Its not a right off ,keep using and enjoy the rest of your trip. Buy more gaffer tape as required !
I can highly recommend Cannock Resprays excellent service but very busy

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Hi all forced into concrete hedge by a lorry on a b road to tummel Loch. Gaffered up. My issue is van is a pilote 2006. Warden on site said they may write it off??!!. Should I just get it fixed upright panel and one along would need replacing( if they can get any? I do not know what to do?
Any suggestions would be grateful
Regards
Sue

Sue

Since you are driving slowly from Scotland to Cornwall you have the opportunity to drop in at several of the recommended repair shops on the way. Just record or take notes of all they say or you could get confused.

Geoff

Upvote 0
May 15, 2022
NE Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance
Exp
Since 1995
Those lower side panels are designed to be replaced/repaired as they are in the more vulnerable locations regarding stuff like concrete hedges, stumps and other vehicles! As suggested keep any plastic moldings that have ben broken as they are repairable but on the other hand expensive or difficult to find replacements for. Definitely not a write off in my books!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back