Damaged glass in Hab door (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 18, 2018
Funster No
Hi Guys, we have a crack in the glass of the Habitation Door of our Auto-Trail Savannah (2013). Is this easily fixed (auto glass etc) or more complicated?
All advice appreciated.
IMG_1128.jpeg
IMG_1127.jpeg

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
I have just noticed the same in my 2013 Mohawk, it's not glass it's Polycarbanite or Acrylic, you need to drill a small whole at the end of the crack to stop it getting bigger. A new door is about £2000 but crazy caravans sell just the window for £495 +vat and then you have the problem of de-bonding the old one, fixing the replacement is straight forward. Koko

Upvote 0

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Would it not be cheaper to make a template of the existing plastic door and get one laser cut out of a sheet of Polycarbonate?

Upvote 0
Oct 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
you need to drill a small whole at the end of the crack to stop it getting bigger
Good advice. Then put some clear tape over the hole and the crack to keep the water out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
The3mens Diabalo
Following on from your other thread, Dane, just came across this and wondered if it was maybe an option for sealing the window crack?????
I think it's for bonding and sealing round edges. You need something like Capt tolleys with very low viscosity to flow into a crack. I have now got Capt Tolleys and the security film and will have a go at making it look a bit better.

Upvote 0
Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning 😊
Hi Guys, we have a crack in the glass of the Habitation Door of our Auto-Trail Savannah (2013). Is this easily fixed (auto glass etc) or more complicated?
All advice appreciated.
I had this happen with the hab door on my Autotrail 2015 last year. I contacted the Autotrail factory at Grimsby who after taking details of my van ordered a new glass/polycarbonate from Germany. It took about 8 to 12 weeks to anrrive, I then booked an appointment and had it fitted at the factory. The cost was £214 (I think) but I claimed off my insurance so had just the first £75 to pay, and it didn’t effect my no claims bonus.

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I think it's for bonding and sealing round edges. You need something like Capt tolleys with very low viscosity to flow into a crack. I have now got Capt Tolleys and the security film and will have a go at making it look a bit better.
Interested in hearing how you get on as maybe thinking of doing ours. Already got Tolleys as used it on a weeping windscreen seal.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
The3mens
Jul 18, 2018
Funster No
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.