Crypto threads ... MHF becoming Spam central 😄 (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What's going on with all the spam crypto threads? 🙄 Why is MHF being 'bombarded' with them? 😱

Jim, have you been spending dosh in secret and got 'infected'? 😄 Buying stuff with crypto to hide it from Sian maybe? 😆

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It's whack a mole. Occasionally the moles manage to get ahead creating a few more little hills. Then someone comes along with bigger and better dynamite.
We obviously need to get gus-lopez to nuke them once and for all! 😆

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Maybe the competition needs to be photographic evidence seeing how long they last

I took this still live after 4 mins, seemed longer than normal, maybe not enough reporting going on 🤔

IMG_2869.png

Edit - I did report then take screen shot 😁👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Maybe the competition needs to be photographic evidence seeing how long they last

I took this still live after 4 mins, seemed longer than normal, maybe not enough reporting going on 🤔
Ah, well, I can answer that, you see Jim was obviously waiting for me as the 'special' one to report it which I did at the 5 minute point! 😆

Upvote 0
Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Keeping up with and killing spam and scam posts is a big challenge on any forum or group. Lots are 'bot' generated, and so you'll see identical posts but from posters who have very small changes in their 'profiles' so that it's hard to block one and kill lots of threads.

I periodically help out on the 'socials' of an organisation I volunteer with, and have sometimes spent hours and hours just removing posts offering t-shirts or supposed live video of one of the organisation's events. These often appear after EVERY post in a thread, so are clearly auto-generated.

Then there are the troll types who appear on any forum from time to time and who just like to stir up dissension or cause trouble in other ways. :rollingeyes:

Jim & co do a great job in keeping MHF as crap free as they do! Helped by those who report obvious spam to Jim when they see it.

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Could there be a keyword that we put in the report box so that Jim does not have to manually delete every one?
Of course there is a danger of misuse, I can think of a few I might use such a keyword on 🙂

Upvote 0

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
Could there be a keyword that we put in the report box so that Jim does not have to manually delete every one?
Of course there is a danger of misuse, I can think of a few I might use such a keyword on 🙂
If enough report it I think it is removed automatically, or at least quarantined so that Jim can review and delete at his leisure.

Upvote 0

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
If enough report it I think it is removed automatically, or at least quarantined so that Jim can review and delete at his leisure.

yes, i believe it gets hidden from sight to save anyone clicking their link after two reports clicked..
they rarely last more than a few minutes live on the forum here..

(i've seen a few on my ipad and reported, depends on the time of day ir night and who is around on the forum, some times, early mornings are quieter than others..)

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
yes, i believe it gets hidden from sight to save anyone clicking their link after two reports clicked..
they rarely last more than a few minutes live on the forum here..

(i've seen a few on my ipad and reported, depends on the time of day ir night and who is around on the forum, some times, early mornings are quieter than others..)

I've just tried to report one that had been posted 2 minutes earlier, but it was already deleted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back