Converting CD's (1 Viewer)

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
I have a huge collection of music CD's, would like to find some way to put some of them onto my iphone & ipad to lsiten to offline.
Is there a simple way to do this with using a pc? Don't have one with cd drive anyway.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
The only way is to get an external cd drive connect via usb.

Price range from around Ā£15 upwards.

Then copy them to your required location on your apple device.

If you want to keep them long term then maybe copy them to an sd card or stick as backup

Mar 25, 2021
Chippenham, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 Welcome
Exp
Ex Tugger saw the light in 2019
Install iTunes and Audacity (recording free program). I open Spotify and record an album in audacity. Save it, then edit to cut out all the adverts. Add names to tracks and import into iTunes. You can then add your first album onto your iPhone. It is a mission to learn all the foibles of Audacity but the is a very good online manual. If you pay for the Spotify premium, you can download the album direct to your PC. There is the occasional free 3 months Premium offer to fill yer boots (y).

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Thanks, dug out an old laptop with a CD drive, cleaned it & now downloading all the updates :whistle2:
Will give that a go when it's finished!
Windows Media Player will allow easy conversion of CDs to MP3. From memory, it will also automatically name each file using the CD track info and add meta data such as genre so it makes it easier to catalogue your files.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
dug out an old laptop with a CD drive, cleaned it & now downloading all the updates :whistle2:
Will give that a go when it's finished!

Animated GIF

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Or just download them as FLAC. Much easier than ripping all the CDs one at a time.
gpat What source do you use for getting FLAC files? Are the limited to those out of copyright and / or do you have to pay a subscription?

Thanks

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I have a huge collection of music CD's, would like to find some way to put some of them onto my iphone & ipad to lsiten to offline.
Is there a simple way to do this with using a pc? Don't have one with cd drive anyway.
Where do you plan to listen to the music? Do you have a very good audio player? The quality of your audio system will influence the quality of the music files you'll want - especially if you're storing them on your phone... You could easily fill your devices with music ripped at high bit rates or downloaded as FLAC.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to rip one CD in different bit rates and listen to them to determine how much difference you hear... And then multiply that CD's size by the number of CDs you have... Do you have the capacity to store all of them at the quality you have chosen?

You might also try comparing AAC to MP3 - AAC could be better for you using iPhone and iPad.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
gpat What source do you use for getting FLAC files? Are the limited to those out of copyright and / or do you have to pay a subscription?

Thanks
Not strictly legal.sometimes Piratebay for stuff I want to try. Then Spotify which let's you download stuff when you are offline .

I did rip a load if my old cds but I tend to use Spotify mostly now. It doesn't use hardly any data.

Reactions: dna

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back